Very quiet location with a long stretch of beach to go for walks. Food was ok, ate there at the buffet night, this was a bit overpriced but good variety. The owners were very actively involved in the running of the place which was good, the general manager was not quite as efficinet as promised but the rest of the staff was fine. There was no swimming during the daytime at the time we stayed there so had we booked for a longer than two nights would have been very disappointed. In general it is good to know that the swimming on East Coast is very strongly dependent on the tide so you should take this into account with your planning if you enjoy swimming. The rooms 1-3 were facing the restaurant and toilet area so there was no direct sea view like from the other rooms so if possible avoid them.
There was another nice bar-restaurant few hundered meters North on the beach, cannot remember the name but there were steep wooden steps up from the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peace here is at the top: just a lively reception, a romantic restaurant, the bar on the beach and only 11 comforting rooms in 4 pretty bungalows; everything is in perfect harmony with the natural environment, overlooking our luxuriant tropical garden and directly leaned out on the warm water of the marvelous Indian Ocean. Forget the stressful life and let your internal clock takes its natural cycle back! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Jovago.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Villa de Coco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa De Coco Hotel Jambiani
- Hotel De Coco
- Resort De Coco
- Villa De Coco Zanzibar Island/Jambiani