My wife and I stayed here for four weeks in January and February 2014.
• Fantastic position directly on the beach, but just some meters away from the maximum high tide that allows the structure to avoid the risk of being flooded by exceptionally high tides, which frequently happen (such a risk is taken by the 90 % of the other facilities of the place) .
• Perhaps the most beautiful garden in Jambiani .
• Kindness, helpfulness , friendliness and honesty of relationship and behavior on behalf of all staff, from Marlies , the owner, with her two partners, the chef and all the others.
• Cleanliness , accurately organized daily . We are 6 ° south of the equator: who does not want the ants entering the room at all, he has two choices : a) to choose a multi-storey hotel ( we know wonderful ones in Manhattan ), b) to buy an anteater (you can rent it at the nearby Josani Forest) .
• Quality of the kitchen. The cook is still not very expert in molecular cuisine (he will soon make a course chez Adrià in Barcelona) , but he can serve, at your request , fresh fish, crabs, octopus , squid, chicken in at least two ways , raw vegetables or cooked vegetables , prepared according to various local recipes as well as soups, pasta that ( since I am Italian ) I was very careful not to try, and how and how much fruit as you want, really fantastic .
• Drinks are controversial , in the sense that I (Italian) judged that was truly insane the appetite for South African wines demonstrated by the Bavarians , who, in turn, judged abominable my liking for Tanzanian beers ; however, at the end, we were both happy .
• The support given by the boss Tutu for the trips to and from the airport and in taking you to notable places of the island.
• Peace all the day , which allows an equally relaxing .
• The hotel has no air conditioning, but only fans : if you provide a good ventilation by helding opposite windows open in the night, you dug comfortably .
• The structure is not equipped with autonomous generator of current : this can be a major drawback when the public supply of electricity is interrupted (and this happens frequently, even for long times ) .
• Do not always the water supply is regular. We didn’t understand the reason ... but if you require firmly , the staff immediately restore the service.
• The bar ( let's call it ) near the beach is not , actually , a very pleasant place , due to the quality of the abituées : but it is far enough and it isn’t compulsory to stay there.
• Each true traveler is accustomed to balance what he wants (and what he doesn’t want) with its budget. Normally the prices of the facilities of decent practice in Jambiani range from 1.5 to 2.5 times the prices of Marlies : many of these do not have the weaknesses of Marlies , but not all of them have her strong points.
Anna Maria and Alberto
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Management since July 2014! Relax your soul and recover from your daily routine. Immerse yourself in the quiet and private athmosphere of our lovely arranged rooms. Enjoy the tropical plants, the breathtaking white beach and the turquoise blue Indian Ocean. Indulge in the sound of the ocean and the clear blue sky over the island where the colours are exploding and you will be inspired by the scent of the spices. Our courteous and reliable team is welcoming you. Welcome to Jambiani Beach Hotel at the East Coast of Zanzibar! The spacious bungalows with bathroom are beautifully furnished and have room for two or three people. On request we can add an additional bed for kids. The bungalows offer you a private atmosphere. In our open restaurant we offer daily changing dishes. Vegetarian food, freshly caught fish and different meat dishes are prepared with Zanzibarian spices. Sandwiches and different snacks are available all day and as starters we serve soups and salads. Enjoy your evenings at our beachbar with fresh juices, a cold beer or one of our delicious cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Jambiani Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jambiani Beach Hotel Zanzibar Island