First the positives: nicely located, mostly friendly staff, good breakfast+meals, free wireless internet.
Enough of that.
- The huts are absolutely basic and insect/mice-infested. It rained into our bedrooms on the 3rd night, we had to reshuffle all the furniture to make sure we stayed dry. No apology from management. Mice, ants and cockroaches fought over our food every night.
- The water from the taps and showers, plus in the swimming pool is salty. No matter how often you wash, you stay sticky and salty for your entire stay. Yucky feeling, can't ever get clean.
- Mosquitos will find you everywhere, esp. under the skimpy mozzy nets. Prepare to wake up with red spots.
- The beach/ocean is full of rocks and weeds. Swimming is a risk - you definitely need shoes or you will cut yourself. The sandy beach would be nice, but strewn with washed up dead seaweed.
- The whole place is generally in a state of disrepair. Management seemed resigned to its fate and basically offered explanations of why nothing could be done.
- Our stay of eight nights was only just bearable and we were happy to leave. This place is not quite a dump, but it is nothing fancy. Recommend you try somewhere else up the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pakachi Beach Resort is situated on the southeast coast of the island of Zanzibar. The Resort is a newly refurbished tropical garden hotel with private beach and own swimming pool, an experimental spice farm, wellness and well known restaurant. The combination between European management and local participation is providing a well organized tropical feeling and the ideal place to relax from business life. Nature related beach bungalows may cater for the real tropical impressions with an open bedroom in the first floor of these all natural material built houses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Pakachi Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pakachi Beach Hotel Zanzibar Island/Jambiani