I have just returned from an amazing 2 week holiday travelling around South Africa, and by the far the best experience was the 2 days I spent at Isandlwana Lodge. Right from the moment of arrival, the staff were amazing, and the place itself is just stunning. Tucked into the mountain, the lodge overlooks the battlefields and is the perfect location for history enthusiasts. I really liked the personal touches here, the hot water bottle in the bed on cold nights, and the way the owner Pat, and historian Rob stop by during dinner for a chat about our day. The food was beautiful, staff friendly, and the rooms luxurious and spacious. The battlefield tour itself was amazing, Rob Gerrard is extremely knowledgable and brings the whole experience to life. I was very sad to leave this lovely place and would highly recommend people to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Isandlwana Lodge offers twelve luxury rooms all en-suite and tastefully decorated in a mixture of traditional and modern styles. The Lodge is carved into the iNyoni rock formation on top of which the Zulu commander stood during the battle of Isandlwana on 22 January 1879. Enjoy unparalleled views from the crisp early light of a sparkling Zulu dawn to the splendor of the African sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, South African Hotels and Priceline so you can book your Isandlwana Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isandlwana Hotel Isandlwana
- Isandlwana Lodge KwaZulu-Natal