My wife and I visited the Lodge in June 2014 as part of our honeymoon trip. Immediately upon arrival we felt very welcome and it didn’t take long to settle into the hotel environment and immediately felt extremely comfortable in the space. The staff at the hotel were all very friendly and helpful at every turn. RJ (manager at the time) did an excellent job in ensuring we always had everything we needed. The food and wine was always excellent. We would also highly recommend a talk/tour of the battlefields by Mr Gerrard. Very Insightful.
The hotel itself is set in an amazing location on the cliff tops which offers tremendous views and a real feeling of peace. The main deck of the hotel shares the same views as the bedrooms on the deck below. We were in room No. 1. A round room beautifully decorated in a typically rustic South African feel. We were originally only supposed to stay 3 nights…..but it was so good we didn’t want to leave and booked an extra night. I’d go back tomorrow if I could. Excellent!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Isandlwana Lodge offers twelve luxury rooms all en-suite and tastefully decorated in a mixture of traditional and modern styles. The Lodge is carved into the iNyoni rock formation on top of which the Zulu commander stood during the battle of Isandlwana on 22 January 1879. Enjoy unparalleled views from the crisp early light of a sparkling Zulu dawn to the splendor of the African sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Isandlwana Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isandlwana Hotel Isandlwana
- Isandlwana Lodge KwaZulu-Natal