As if the dramatic scenery wasn't enough, the history and the Isandlwana Lodge are the icing on the KwaZulu-Natal cake. The staff were so, so friendly and helpful. The food was delicious and thoroughly enjoyable. Our battlefield guide Rob was fantastic, from the initial lecture on the terrace above the battlefield to the forays to the battlefields of Isandlwana and Rorke's Drift. Being taken onwards to Fugitive's Drift was a great ending to the day. Trying to imagine the chaos on all these beautiful sights on that day in 1879 was made much easier with Rob's narrative.
Would definitely return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Isandlwana Lodge offers twelve luxury rooms all en-suite and tastefully decorated in a mixture of traditional and modern styles. The Lodge is carved into the iNyoni rock formation on top of which the Zulu commander stood during the battle of Isandlwana on 22 January 1879. Enjoy unparalleled views from the crisp early light of a sparkling Zulu dawn to the splendor of the African sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Isandlwana Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isandlwana Hotel Isandlwana
- Isandlwana Lodge KwaZulu-Natal