We stayed at Isandlwana Lodge for two nights in August. We were unlucky with the weather - it was cold and wet. The hotel is understandably not designed with this weather in mind and it was quite chilly - electric radiators were supplied for the bedrooms which were certainly needed (although the heat didn't reach the bathrooms). We went to Rorke's Drift with tour guide Rob in the morning and it was an amazing historical experience. We got very cold and wet however and my daughter and I decided not to go with my husband on the Isandlwana tour that afternoon but instead to spend a pleasant afternoon reading (there's a nice library of books for guests) in front of the fire. The food was good and the rooms were smartly furnished and very clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Isandlwana Lodge offers twelve luxury rooms all en-suite and tastefully decorated in a mixture of traditional and modern styles. The Lodge is carved into the iNyoni rock formation on top of which the Zulu commander stood during the battle of Isandlwana on 22 January 1879. Enjoy unparalleled views from the crisp early light of a sparkling Zulu dawn to the splendor of the African sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, South African Hotels and Priceline so you can book your Isandlwana Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isandlwana Hotel Isandlwana
- Isandlwana Lodge KwaZulu-Natal