Couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough. The location, attention to detail and overall atmosphere all added to the battlefields experience .
I think there are just 12 rooms which mean the hotel is small enough for the management to be attentive and flexible enough to attend to their guests needs - which was really appreciated.
We did not use the designated hotel guide for our tour because we booked the tour before the hotel but we enjoyed chatting to him after dinner one evening, learning even more about the area and history.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Isandlwana Lodge offers twelve luxury rooms all en-suite and tastefully decorated in a mixture of traditional and modern styles. The Lodge is carved into the iNyoni rock formation on top of which the Zulu commander stood during the battle of Isandlwana on 22 January 1879. Enjoy unparalleled views from the crisp early light of a sparkling Zulu dawn to the splendor of the African sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Isandlwana Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isandlwana Hotel Isandlwana
- Isandlwana Lodge KwaZulu-Natal