“Terrible Treatment on 29th December 2013”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gobabis
East Gate Rest Camp
Ranked #1 of 1 Gobabis B&B and Inns
“Terrible Treatment on 29th December 2013”
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

We left Johannesburg early morning of the 29th December 2013 destined for Walvis Bay but with night rests in Buitepos and Windhoek. Crossed the border at 23:00 with anxiety and fatigue to find a descent rest with warm reception. Unfortunately upon arrival I was called to the security gate phone and told by the owner that he won't accept any "nonsense" and that we must just take our rooms and sleep.

This comes after courtesy calls during the day to the owner that we will be arriving rather later and even agreed that he will orgainse food for when we arrive. The place is merely a rest camp after a long drive. Evidently a lot can be done to improve the place ranging from quality mattresses, cleaner good condition linen and definitely a HUMANE attitude irrespective of race.

When you pay your money, value should be derived even before you leave your house for your destination. It is absurd to arrive at a place where the reception desk is closed and filling station attendants and security guards are the only people instructed to receive you as a guest. That's disrespectful and definitely don't deserve our money. Upon checking out I am kindly requested by the office staff that the owner cannot be confronted. If YOU take money from me YOU will definitely receive my objections, unless I was one of your disrespected employees and depend on your silliness for survival.

As a South African I will definitely never accept a mediocre service especially where my money and deserving comfort is exploited. I hope you change your attitude Sir or give a disclaimer that certain people are not welcome with equal reception and treatment. And hope that the Laws in Namibia do permit those discriminatory behaviours......

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Nkosana M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)