$76
$67
  • Breakfast included
Ilo village(Nosy Komba)
  • Beachfront
Remo e Berenice(Nosy Komba)
  • Room Service
Floraly Komba(Nosy Komba)
Chez Yolande(Nosy Komba)
Akiba(Ampangorinana)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsboat tripperfect placelocal villagea real treatprivate beachoutdoor showershort kayakour entire staydive centreanywhere in the worldincredible wildlifeworth the journeyinsect repellentparadise on earthcouple of dayspersonal touchdining area
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This hotel is the very best money can buy and worth every penny. The stunning views are perfectly complemented by the natural materials used to make the bungalows blending with the gorgeous surroundings. Each one is extremely spacious with bed and also shower overlooking the sea and surrounded by a fantastic garden bursting with all kinds of Madagascan wildlife. Very private. Initial concern about value for money was lost as soon as we arrived and the staff are exceptional - very quietly working around you. In 6 days we only saw a small fraction of the 20 odd staff members signifying their attention to detail.
The food (French chef - Nicholas - with 2* M experience) is to die for. Most food is either caught off the beach or grown in the large garden but the chef's results are truly impressive. His experience with the best clearly shows and you would be pushed to find anywhere with such a mix of hotel and food quality.
Private boat trips and hiking trips are on offer, all to an excellent standard. With local villages very close by you do not feel cut off at all, like so many other hotels.
All in all, an extremely home from home yet exclusive hotel perfect for any honeymoon or romantic getaway with an unbeatable service.

Room Tip: Bungalows away from the beach offer more privacy.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank james b
Reviewed December 10, 2010

After having spent the previous weeks tramping through rainforests searching for lemurs and fossas and staying in extremely rustic accommodations we decided to treat ourselves with a few nights at the Komba. it was such a pleasure to stay in beautiful surroundings and with fantastic staff (Sofi in particular) at hand. The chef's creations were some of the best cooking I have had anywhere in the world and he was very kind to make some special things for me when I got sick from previous exposures. If there is one place that says luxury, restful, and attentive service this is it.

We will be back and next time for a longer stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Very nice hotel. Just 8 bungalows, there is a lot of privacy and each bungalow has it's own huge terrace! Food is good, breakfast every day the same. For sun bathers, the sun is gone at 4 pm at the beach.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank de-san
Reviewed January 21, 2010

My family and I agree that we've actually ruined any other hotel stay by having come to Tsara Komba.
I was worried about whether it would really be value for money before we arrived. Maybe it would just be an expensive hotel with average facilities.
But from the moment we pulled up on the boat, we felt like we were in a James Bond film. Even living in Madagascar and travelling a lot, I had never seen anything so beautiful. The waiters ran down to get our bags, and from the get go everyone was so charming and friendly, without being obtrusive. Cecile and the other hotel manager get the balance exactly right.
The bungalows are simple and tasteful, but beautiful at the same time. Really nice touches to the decoration - like the shower head coming out of bleached beach wood, flowers put on your fresh towels every morning etc.
The food is incredible. Some of the best I've ever tasted.
And the restaurant area, at the top of the hotel and looking out over the beach and sea over to the mainland, is absolutely breathtaking, and so beautifully decorated.
I'm booking to go back this year. I've tried other (similarly expensive) hotels since but nothing has been able to compete, and I don't think they ever would be able to.

• Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank hotelsnob1981
Reviewed January 17, 2010

In few words: before I checked in, I was completely lost and stressed out. (big time!)
The moment my feet felt the warm sand of the private beach , the Magic was ON !!! : Tsar Komba had such Magnificient and peaceful landscape, the hotel itself is a "Majestic beauty", not mentioning the kindness of the staff , etc... Although still few tears (I did not want to leave this haven of peace), everything became so crystal clear to me: ...I left , feeling lighter than A FEATHER.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo