“Brilliant environment fantastic customer service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Groove Train

The Groove Train
Ranked #192 of 311 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Australian, International
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Brilliant environment fantastic customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely love this place. The waitress was amazing! Friendly bubbly and genuinely nice! The food was fantastic and came out quick. Definately recommend this place to anyone who has the chance to stop in. A+++

Melbourne, Australia
“Double Dating Paradise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

I recently went to The Groove Train Richmond with my girlfriend to meet another couple, which is generally quite an unenviable task. However, it was actually the Groove Train that made it tolerable! The decor of the restaurant was very 'groovy', which along with the ambient music combined to form an inviting atmosphere for that first awkward meeting.
The menu was very extensive, with a wide variety of foods from pizza and pasta to steak and fish, leaving room for choice and adding to the dinner conversation. The only issue was that with such a variety the food was not as good quality as it would have been at a speciality restaurant.
The portions were quite large. I had a vegetarian pizza with no complaints and leaving me free from my hunger. The desserts were also delicious in both looks and taste!
Another issue was that we went at about 630pm, so there was overlap with the families that went there, meaning the surrounding tables were quite noisy, but that was over by 7.
Overall, The Groove Train provided a lovely dining experience with a very good food selection, good food quality and reasonable service.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Frank H
Brisbane
“Great for breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

It's cosy and warm and hip and even though I'm not hip I liked it a lot. Staff are good but not in your face. I think they do breakfast best, hot and fresh.

Visited May 2012
“Its OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

I have eaten at Groove Train for the last few years, and I think the standard has dropped. I would consider it average in price and quality, but the menu is extensive, so no matter what time of day or night one visits, there is always something suitable on the menu. Its also casual and my friends have never felt pressured to leave, even if we linger over coffee for an hour or more.

Visited December 2011
Echuca
“One Bean Rating was too high”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2011

I went to this coffee shop because it got a one bean rating from the Melbourne Coffee Review (the best is three beans). I can't say I was impressed with the coffee at all though the food was fine. Perhaps it suffered from the fact that we had just come from a three bean-rated coffee shop but the flat white I had here certainly wasn't even one-third as good as the three bean beauty. One look at the top of the coffee was enough to tell me that it had been carelessly made and the taste did nothing to dissuade me.

• Visited December 2011