“Great food and helpful staff”
Review of Church St Enoteca

Church St Enoteca
Ranked #72 of 324 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Great food and helpful staff”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We had a work function there recently and could not fault the place. The food was great (a big fan of the desserts!) the staff were helpful and attentive to our needs. The room we used was bigger than needed but still comfortable for us. It did get noisy as the venue was busy, but not so much as to have us need the microphone.
Overall a great night and would recommend both the venue and the food.
Thanks

Visited August 2013

Trafalgar, Australia
“A great night.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My daughter and her fiancé are getting married shortly and are having their reception at Church St Enoteca so they took myself and my wife there on Saturday night.
The restaurant was busy and yet the service was excellent. I'm not sure of the name of the waitress but she was very happy and friendly and knew the menu and wine list well.
The food was scrumptious coupled with Peroni on tap and two Italian wines that we tried made for a very enjoyable night.
The only draw back was that it was a little noisy for an old fart like me.
I think this is going to be the perfect venue for the wedding reception on the 12th of October.

• Visited August 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Lucky to get table at the last minute.”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was so thankful to get a table here last Saturday night on very short notice. I rang at 8pm and they had a table for 830pm which was great since I had rung around 6 other top restaurants and every where was booked out.
The old Dutton studio has certainly been decked out differently and I thought it had a great atmosphere.
Staff were very attentive. Food was excellent. I had the baked clams, snapper with fegola and it was superb! The fresh warm bread was tops and I could have filled myself up on that before mains arrived. My partner had the lamb which he said was okay but he could have had more. Small serve.
The wine list was not exhaustive but had some lovely wines by the glass.
Would recommend and return for sure.

• Visited June 2013
Landlocked in the South
“Very nice experience”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Went to Enoteca for a business dinner and was very pleasantly surprised!

Food was of excellent quality and a sensible wine list (although the inventory was not deep ! )

I had the prime rib and the steak was perfectly cooked and the sides were excellent.

Service was outstanding.

I would eat there again..

• Visited March 2013
Sydney
“An enjoyable night out!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I dined here on a recent trip to Melbourne. Upon arrival, the vibe we got wasn't great after it took a good minute or so to be welcomed and seated. However from then on the service was attentive and professional. A mature woman (possibly the manager?) clearly had a passion for wine and was very helpful with selecting wines to match our food choices.
Our meal was lovely but my favorite would have to be the ox tail dish with meat filled pasta, it just melted in my mouth! My partner loved his T-bone which he said he'll be back for when next in town. We were quite full after main but felt like something sweet with our coffee, so our waiter suggested a biscotti plate which topped off the night nicely.
The restaurant has a good ambiance and I'd certainly recommend this place for either lunch or dinner.

• Visited February 2013
ChurchStManagement, Manager at Church St Enoteca, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your dinner.
We look forward to seeing you when you are next visiting Melbourne.

Kind regards,