“Absolutely amazing food and service”
Review of Fenix Restaurant & Events - CLOSED

Fenix Restaurant & Events
Cuisines: Australian, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Toowoomba, Australia
“Absolutely amazing food and service”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Lives up to all expectations...what an amazing meal. The food was spectacular and the service by Emma as equally amazing. Will definitely be back again.

Visited January 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Extremely Supprised at how good this place is”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I hadnt been there for quite some time, but i was on their email list and received an email which had great specials for dinner. I booked just expecting and nice meal, but was supprised at how good the food was. I had the Schnitzel which was just supperb and probably the best of i had ever had. I then had the summer pudding, which i could have had 3 of them. They have a special on for January where the food is half price. For 4 people including a bottle of wine (which was complimentary if you paid with a Citibank credit card) came to about $120. Thats $30 per person. This is great value and even when the special isnot on i will defaintely come back. The head waiter was fantastic and the i could not fault the service at all. My friends had the Waygu Beef which was cooked to perfection, and had the Bomb Alaska desert which was mouthwatering. Overall it is an awesome restaurant and great service. I was expecting to find some faults with it but could not. Definately be back!

• Visited January 2013
“Not so good”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

After hearing so much about this place we booked for dinner mid December. The place itself looks tired and in need of a revamp. (No tablecloth on our table) and furniture looked really worn. Menu was limited. I ordered a pork chop but when it arrived it had herbs in it which were not even mentioned on the menu and when I told the waiter the meal had dill in it he insisted it didn't. (Not a subtle herb!) Ordered the plum pudding (very average) and found the stems of the sultanas in the pudding! Would not go there again!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Bec291
Melbourne, Australia
“Simple Recipe for Success”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've been going to this restaurant for many years, close to home, we dine out 3/4 times a week in the area. Fenix has a great location overlooking the river,easy parking, indoor/outdoor seating BUT the recipe just hasn't been right, meaning the mix of staff,food,atmosphere.....but good news, they're on the rise. On three recent visits, staff excellent, menu a lot more appealing, and the atmosphere and ambience created by all these elements including the view in my view is well worth a visit. I rarely comment on 'the dishes' as in my book, unless exceptional it's just another few words that don't help readers decide on venue. Btw, the food is good but my overall assessment is more about watch this space, restaurant on the rise in my area....read: will visit more ofter. Simple recipe.

• Visited November 2012
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Great atmosphere, excellent food and a nice walk along the river.”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We had dinner here 10th December and had the $65 per person 3 course menu - but I probably should have just stuck to the 2 course $50 menu as I was too stuffed to eat all of the food. Drinks are about $15 per glass (and upwards). Our total meal bill was $170 and this included 5 drinks.

The food is wonderful and the location is fantastic - right by the Yarra in Richmond. Parking is free (we were handed a free pass by the restaurant staff).

The staff are lovely, very friendly. Food is fantastic and good sized servings (not too big not too small).

I had the Ricotta ravioli entre, Pork ribs on sweet corn main and Chocolate mousse dessert. It was all fantastic.

Hubby had Pork and scallops entre, Tuna main and the cheese plate afterwards.

Very happy and well worth a visit and you can go for a nice long stroll along the river afterwards.

• Visited December 2012