“Great location”

Richmond Hill Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We really enjoyed our overnight stay at the Richmond Hill Hotel. Great location within walking distance of what we wanted to do. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Only one downside was perhaps the size of the room, but as we were there for only one night, the room was fine for our needs. Lovely front reception area and lounge. Would definitely stay there again!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TracyBMelbourne

Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is a good place to stay if you're after something cheap, basic, and don't mind being away from the CBD. I stayed in a private room which served me fairly well during my two nights, although I was a little disappointed that there was no heating in the room, and the rear corridors of the building where my room was situated felt a little dark & lifeless. The front end of the hotel had quite a nice atmosphere though, with a bar that was open late and breakfast included. There's a tram stop for the North Richmond to Prahran / St Kilda tram just outside the hotel entry (it doesn't get you to the city), but it's a short 5 minute walk to Bridge Road for a city-bound service.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank danschaumann
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is quite a pleasant place to stay. The majority of the staff are friendly and helpful. Stayed there for three nights. It was quite noisy on two of those three nights which was a bit of a pain. There is a nice lounge with a fireplace downstairs.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was very disappointed in our room at this hotel. Downstairs was quite nice with a fire and coffee and tea available all day. The receptionist was very friendly and checked us in early as we had come on an overnight flight. Things went downhill when we saw the room. It was tiny and freezing cold with NO central heating The small double bed filled the room leaving no space for luggage or anything else. It was sparse with no headboard and flimsy curtains. The cold wind whistled in the patio doors from the balcony. One very small plug-in radiator for the bedroom but nothing in the bathroom. I tried leaving the bathroom door open to let the heat in but it didn't work, I also tried leaving it on but the maid plugged it out every day so we came back cold every night to a freezing room. The bathroom was tiny and very scruffy, not somewhere you would want to linger. Breakfast was meager and hardly worth the effort, basically toast and poor coffee. I would definitely not recommend this hotel. The staff are doing their best but the room was old, shabby, tiny and freezing cold.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else......
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DEBBIEDublin_Ireland
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had a pleasant stay being our third stay. The onsite parking is convenient and the front desk service is friendly and efficient. The rooms are basic, yet comfortable. I have no hesitation in staying there again. The hotel is perfectly located to be within walking distance to the Bridge rd shops and restaurants. Trams also available virtually out the front.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed for three nights at the price of two, and that price included a (very) full breakfast. The room was well-appointed, clean, comfortable and quiet. There was a bus around the corner, and a lovely walk into Richmond itself.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed in the budget room was 65 dollars what a mistake, dirty, and noisy seems to be student accommodation.

the bathrooms smelled like vomit and were not right outside my door as the hotel staff told me, it was down the hall round the corner and dirty mangy small.

My advice is to stay as far away as you can from this hotel as you can.

The lady manager was patronising and did not offer me any consolation even though I was woken up at 3 AM by students or something? this is after travelling from western Australia and not had any sleep for 30 hours

Room Tip: Budget room is rubbish I mean really bad its like YMCA or something accept dirty
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Real R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Chapel Street
Magnolia Court Boutique
#147 of 161 in Melbourne
Chapel Street
Amity Apartment Hotels – South Yarra

Been to Richmond Hill Hotel? Share your experiences!