“Convenient to Epworth Hospital and food, shopping”
Review of Adara Richmond

Adara Richmond
Ranked #1 of 2 Richmond B&B and Inns
Tasmania,
“Convenient to Epworth Hospital and food, shopping”
Reviewed April 22, 2010

We stayed for 5 nights and in studio apartment. Full kitchen was good and they supplied dishwasher powder and washing machine detergent each day. Serviced daily only let down was the carpets really needed a good vaccum even in hallways and lifts.
Reception were really nice cleaners not so friendly which is unusual. close to shops and Epworth Hospital,trams close, Ernest Hillier chocolate outlet and if you feel like a good walk IKEA which has cheap meals in the restaurant. Got Skybus from airport then taxi. Not keen on Melbourne taxis. if had to go to Richmond would stay there again. Good gym.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mackay, Australia
Reviewed March 5, 2010

I needed to find a place in Richmond for business and stayed at the Quest. Centrally located and only a few metres to walk to the trams on Bridge Road. 10 minutes into the city. Can get a tram directly to Spencer Street Station and then shuttle bus to the airport. Heaps cheaper than taxi too and from the airport.

Plenty of eating places. Just walk along Bridge Road.

The Quest is quite and the rooms are good. Stayed in a one bedroom apartment and was very comfortable. Breakfast pack was provided each day as part of the deal.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank johnpalmer2016
London
Reviewed April 2, 2009

Whilst the hotel itself met the needs of my partner and myself the customer services was unbelievably bad.

We were put right next to a buidling site that start at 6:30am in the morning. Whilst we appreciate that this is not the hotel's fault; we had to complain three times before they would move us - they even made out that it was out fault that couldn't be moved.

Then upon returning to the UK, I find an extra charge on my bill. When I questioned this, they have charged me for items they told me they wouldn't charge me for.

Quest Richmond need to learn better communication skills and problem solving, as they made the entire experience soured by these incidents.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WexH
Wirral, UK
Reviewed March 14, 2009

I stayed at The Quest Apartments in Richmond for 7 weeks ealier this year whilst I was working in Melbourne. The location is absolutely fantastic. Situated almost on the corner of Lennox Avenue and Bridge Road one has easy access to a wide variety of shops, restaurants and pubs right on the doorstep.

I can recomment The Mount View Hotel on bridge street as a great place to eat, drink and watch sport.

Coles supermarket is a couple of minutes walk down Bridge Road if you want to cook for yourself.

There are a number of sports arenas within a few minutes walk from the Apartments - we saw Australia vs South Africa and Australia vs New Zealand playing 50 over cricket at the MCG. Also, during our stay The Australian Open Tennis Championship was being held at Melbourne Park - again, a few minutes walk down Bridge Road.

You have access to Trams that run into Melbourne City Centre and on to Docklands - very cheap, very reliable.

The Apartments are well equipped, well serviced and a pleasure to stay at. The staff are friendly and efficient - always ready to chat to you or offer advice about sights and sounds around Melbourne.

The under-building carpark is a bit small and we did have one dispute with an Aussie B*@#ch from Hell (another guest) over a parked car - but that was the exception rather than the rule.

I would have no hesitation in staying at Quest for Business or Pleasure - highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 4, 2009

I booked several rooms here for myself and some colleagues who were attending a conference elsewhere in Richmond, although it turned out to be quite some distance away from where we needed to be.

The web site had a pick list allowing me to choose to book up to 4 rooms, but when I selected 4 it said I could only book 3 on the internet and that I would have to phone to book more. So I phoned and made a booking, asking for confirmation by email. I had to remind them twice before I received confirmation of the booking, and again before they confirmed breakfast was included in the rate. The rates were not exorbitant, but neither were they cheap.

At the time of booking the management was insistent that we must pay on arrival, but this was not enough - they also phoned me the day before check-in to again request assurances of our bona fides.

Once we arrived, the service was more friendly. The apartments themselves were well equipped, comfortable, very clean and reasonably pleasant overall, although I have to say that generally I am not keen on windowless bedrooms. The apartments have balconies, but there isn't much to see.

There is no on-site restaurant and the pre-packed breakfast was extremely basic - I got 3 pieces of white bread with a frugal assortment of spreads, packaged fruit in juice, and gelatinised yogurt in a stainless steel dog bowl.

This was certainly not a bad place, but all things considered, I think I will stay in the CBD next time and catch a train to Richmond.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Tasmania
Reviewed November 21, 2008

My husband and I originally booked another Quest property but were moved to Quest Richmond due to unforseen circumstances. We were greeted at Quest Richmond with "You're lucky you've got the last room, we're fully booked!" ... Lucky? We were only too obliging to move but didn't appreciate this comment.

The entrance to our room was in the main foyer directly opposite the lifts. I was worried about the noise but it didn't present too much of a problem with the bedroom door closed. I got the impression this room was used as a last resort though as the TV didn't work initially and we were missing pillows. When we asked for pillows there were none left! The reception staff member made us up a pillow in a case out of two smaller ones. When we got into bed we noticed that the bottom sheet was put on the wrong way leaving the mattress exposed.

We had booked the original property for 2 nights but the morning after our first night we got a call from reception to prompt us to check out. We had to inform them of our check out date and when it was checked, they had incorrectly entered our details. Of course our cards didn't work when we got back to the room but that was easily rectified.

I travel quite a lot and stay at all sorts of properties so am used to varying quality. I am not fussy as long as a place is clean but felt I needed to make a few comments here.

In short:

Positives - Very clean and stylish, close to transport & a short tram ride into the city, right on the doorstep of Bridge Road shopping and restaurants

Negatives: Lack of attention to detail, distinct impression that business travellers were more valued than other customers, bed was a bit too hard but admittedly that's a matter of taste, no Sunday housekeeping service

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Richmond Hill Hotel
#93 of 159 in Melbourne
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,436 reviews
Central Business District
Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens

Been to Adara Richmond? Share your experiences!