“Good position just out of city centre.”
Review of Adara Richmond

Adara Richmond
Ranked #1 of 2 Richmond B&B and Inns
Canberra
“Good position just out of city centre.”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Staff were friendly and efficient. I stayed in an executve one bedroom unit. It was small but adequate and looked very new. The balcony overlooked Lennox St but there was no traffic noise inside the apartment. The bedroom was well back from the road.
There was a full kitchen with a large fridge, a large TV in the lounge and a small one in the bedroom. The bathroom was large and included a washing machine and dryer. The shower was over the bath and the bath was a little slippery getting out. There are no handrails and older guests might find this problematic.
A few metres away on Bridge Rd are a number of coffee shops, small restaurants and a gourmet grocer. There are also endless outlet clothes shops with some great bargains. There are trams to town which took 10-15 minutes depending on the time of day and where I was headed. It took me about 25 minutes to walk from Richmond Station (it was uphill and I had a suitcase and a small backpack so others might do it a lot quicker).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Renee G, General Manager at Adara Richmond, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about Quest Richmond.

We are glad to hear you have enjoyed our facilities at the property and have also enjoyed the hidden treasures Richmond has to offer.

If you are also looking to return, we can help you by assisting with allocating you a room with a stand up shower, this way you wont need to worry about the shower over the bath.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Quest Richmond and please do not hesitate to contact myself or any team member here and advise them of the specific room type you prefer.

Property Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here during the Australian Open because there were no hotels in the city. The rooms are spacious however the couch and arm chair had stains on them which was not pleasant. The coffee table was very dusty and the carpet was dirty. It appeared like the room needed a good clean however the bedroom was fine despite not having a window. The kitchen was also missing some crockery eg only one glass but when I asked the staff for one they were helpful.
On a positive the room was quiet and we had a good sleep.

• Stayed January 2013
Renee G, Manager at Adara Richmond, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback to Quest Richmond. The feedback you have provided is very important to us, as we strive to improve our level of service off guests who have stayed with us.

I have passed your comments onto the housekeeping team, to inform them of the cleanliness issues that you have mentioned.

I’m happy to hear you have enjoyed staying in an outer city apartment and hope to welcome you back sometime in the near future or possibly for the Aus Open 2014.

Warmest Regards
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed on the top floor, however was disturbed all night from cars driving past on the street as the windows are not glazed enough to adequately block out sound. The bed was very uncomfortable and had no padding, just springs. The apartment furnishing and quality was basic and well worn. The staff were friendly and the lounge room was large and the bedroom small, overall it was clean. A decent 3 star apartment if you don't mind noise, certainly not a 4 star place. No air on in the bedroom, bathroom door would not close and several lights did not work.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank t2cs
Renee G, General Manager at Adara Richmond, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for filling in feedback for Quest Richmond. We appreciate feedback when this is provided to ensure we improve our level of service.

I have spoken with both the maintenance and housekeeping teams with relation to the lighting and cleanliness issues and have set up a new routine schedule to ensure this does not happen again.

As our rooms are situated facing Lennox Street and Judd Street, we are able to offer a different room which is facing another way to ensure majority of the sound is blocked out.

Once again thank you for your time and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warmest Regards
Sydney
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I love this place - every time I am travelling to Melbourne for work I stay here. Not only this is close to my office but is an apartment hotel - rooms have a proper bedroom (has a door!) and a kitchen! I used to stay there a lot in 2011 - commuting back to SYD for the weekend but returning for the week. Each time the staff was welcoming, attentative - helpded me order food even when I got back from work at 10pm. The place is just steps away from Bridge road - heaven for foodies and the CBD is just a short tram ride away. Love the place and will definately stay there again

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Renee G, General Manager at Adara Richmond, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill in feedback about Quest Richmond.

We always strive to exceed guest’s expectations in customer service and knowledge about the local area. I’m also glad to hear our rooms are met to your requirements and our one bedroom apartments are designed to have the feel of a home away from home style.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Quest Richmond and all Bridge Road has to offer

Many Thanks
03 9267 1000
Adelaide
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I can only say that our recent stay in a one bedroom apartment was a most disappointing experience. The size and comfort of the bed was our greatest concern. The bed was extremely small and the mattress was hard and uncomfortable. When combined with the noise from Lennox Street our sleep was anything but restful. A further factor that did not enhance our Quest experience was a bathroom door that was incredibly difficult to open and close. I had to continually call out to my husband for help sliding open the door. This issue was of course promptly reported to the reception desk. We were informed that housekeeping would look at it first and it would be reported to maintenance. The matter was not attended to during our stay. Unlike other reviewers I can only state that our bathroom was very small and compact.
On a more positive note the location is great for shopping and eating on Bridge Road. We are frequent visitors to Melbourne but will choose other accommodation in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Renee G, Manager at Adara Richmond, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and we are glad that you like Quest Richmond's location. Indeed, Bridge Road is a fantastic shopping and dining street, only 15 minutes away from Melbourne city.

We are sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed your stay with us whilst staying at Quest Richmond and are disappointed that we have not been able to provide you with a satisfactory experience.

Firstly, we will like to highlight that we have various rooms categories and our spacious one bedroom executive apartment may suit your needs better. Further to your feedback, we have reviewed the mattress and the bathroom sliding door and have scheduled for works to take place. As part of our refurbishment program, mattresses will be progressively changed over from February 2013.

In addition, we have also reviewed our internal communication process to ensure that all maintenance are promptly followed up with.

Please feel free to contact myself at T: 039267 1000 when you next plan to return as we will take to take this opportunity to welcome you back to the property to experience our true level of service.
Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed for four nights here, as I was attending a course in Abbotsford, and couldn't be happier. My accommodation package included free wifi, which was perfect as I was travelling with my ipad, and was also a very short walk to Bridge Road.

On a side note, I was a little concerned that there seemed to be quite a high number of empty retail spaces along Bridge Road, which ruins its reputation as being a shoppers paradise (I believe). I didn't have a lot of time for shopping but noticed this lack whilst walking around in the evenings.

My room was very spacious and I enjoyed having a separate living space and kitchen to unwind at the end of each day.

Overall a great stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Renee G, Property Manager at Adara Richmond, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thank you so much for your recent feedback that you posted after your stay with us at Quest Richmond.
I am pleased that the accommodation package including the free wi fi was of good use to yourself. It’s our pleasure to offer this service to our guests!

I’ve also taken note of your comments regarding the empty retail spaces along Bridge Road.

It’s true that within the local community, Bridge Road is known for being a shopping Mecca. Offering many visitors discounts on an array of different items. At this time of year, we often see shop fronts (particularly the retail) changing to keep up with the latest trends in Melbourne to ensure that Bridge Road maintains it’s healthy reputation. This is an ongoing transformation throughout the area, which can, at times, mean , fewer shops are open.

I hope that during your stay here, you were able to find a few items that suited you and who knows what treasures you might find the next time you are here at Quest Richmond with Bride Roads ever changing culture.

03 9267 1000
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We chose to stay here because we needed to be in Richmond - the location is fine and handy to tram stops although there were some downsides to it such as a lack of good cafes for breakfast nearby (the good one we found didn't open until 8.30, which was inconvenient) and the noise from Bridge Rd and the apartment building next door. Our room wasn't on the Lennox St side it faced right out onto the apartment building so not the best outlook.

We had a one bedroom apartment and it had everything you could need and would expect from a serviced apartment. The room was tidy and modern although lots of signs of wear and tear like marked furniture and greying tiles in the bathroom. The room was kind of dark too with no natural light in the bedroom.

We had free wifi with our room package which was handy.

Overall the reasonable price makes it an appealing, good value option and I'd stay there again if I needed to be in that part of town. It's a good solid four star but don't expect anything more than that.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Renee G, General Manager at Adara Richmond, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill in the Trip Advisor feedback.

We do rely upon guest feedback to ensure we can always better our service and facilities at the property.

We currently are running through a mini refurb program which involves repainting the rooms and corridors.

If you are to visit Quest Richmond again, I would be more than happy to help with choosing the best room suited to your requirements.

If you would like to get in contact with me I will also mention in your guest profile the room type/ style you prefer. That way whenever you need to book with Quest Richmond your guest profile notes will state your preferred room.

Once again thank you for providing feedback and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

Property Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Richmond Hill Hotel
Mantra on Jolimont
#92 of 159 in Melbourne
Parkville
Art Series - The Larwill Studio

Been to Adara Richmond? Share your experiences!