“The best coffee in Melbourne?”
Review of The Fair Foodstore - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Fair Foodstore
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Big call, I agree, but this is the marmaluka of coffee for me too. Can get quite busy on weekends, and rightly so! Food is great, and the coffee - have I mentioned this before?

Highly recommended. I am a regular.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Fair Foodstore looks terrific from the moment you walk in. Decor is not overdone with nice clean lines and a great feel. We went about 9.30 on a Sunday morning and it was about half full. Service was initially great, but got forgetful and slow later. The food choices were great - this is not your stock standard breakfast and brunch fare. Flavours and colours of items like pea and broad bean mash, rhubarb on the porridge, smoked trout and poached eggs done to perfection. For me the coffee was good, not great and service variable, however we were in no hurry. The place got very busy by the time we were finished with a lot of people standing by the door. Definitely worth a try, but if it is busy you may need to come back, as I am not sure they will cope when full.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Opened last year, this is a great cafe in Church Street. Once a boarded up old shop, it is now a bright,fresh, and quirky spot to have breakfast until late, lunch, coffee,and/or yummy sweet things. Outside eating available as well. Great service, everything prepared in view, a lot of care taken and use of organic ingredients.