“Had a great night”

Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We had a great night here last weekend. The hotel is cozy, good amenities and we honestly can't critize it for the room, as it was fine. The staff were friendly and the breakfast was good too. Only thing was the loudness from across the street bars which kept us awake until 4.30am and we had an early flight the next morning :( BUT that's not the hotels fault at all. My only recommendation is they consider sound-proofing the windows or something, to block out the noise. Something for them to consider. Overall we would stay here again, everything was good, no problems. Love the spa too and thanks for the upgrade!

• Stayed: July 2012
tim_bilston, General Manager at Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

We are in the process of working with the Bridge Hotel to better sound proof our rooms.

This should be completed in the next 2-3 months. We do have as many rooms away from Bridge Rd also.

Once again than you for your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Amora Hotel Riverwalk in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed at the Amora for one night at the end of June and had a lovely time. We had the package which included breakfast and parking. The room was lovely and huge. The bath was nice and the balcony facing the road with a little bit of a city view was great.
Though if you can't sleep because of a small amount of road noise I would recommend getting a room facing inwards.
We went and had dinner at a delicious lebanese restaurant down the road although food was available at the hotel as well.
The breakfast was really nice small but well stocked buffet. We were hoping to stay and extra night but they were fully booked.
Overall a nice stay in Melbourne.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Amora Riverwalk in the near future.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Being upgraded to a king spa suite was a pleasant surprise when I checked in for 3 nights to attend a conference. The spacious and extremely well appointed room with a view was a delight. The only fly in the ointment was the very noisy heating/cooling vent near the bed which I had to turn off in order to sleep. The conference facilities were excellent including the catering. Walking up Bridge Road was a useful exercise opportunity. The hotel airport transport option was very expensive at $72. In the end I decided to take a taxi to the Sky Bus terminal which costs about $15 by cab plus the $17 Sky Bus fare. Fortunately my cabbie wanted to go to the airport too & gave me a special deal of $40 all up. A smooth end to a pleasing stay.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade if you're staying more than a couple of nights. Bargain with your cab driver...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

We will look into the noise from the air-conditioning.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Amora Hotel Riverwlk in the near future.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stay at the Amora for business on a regular basis, and find the staff there welcoming and extremely accommodating. The friendly and personal approach of the front desk team is amazing, they always recognised me at check in and can't do enough to help. There are a variety of room types, my favourite is the top floor loft suites, plenty of space and very peaceful. The rooms are all well equipped, beds very comfortable and the restaurant has a great menu which is updated regularly. I love the location with the Yarra right there on the doorstep, restaurants and great pubs within walking distance, and a tram straight to the CBD. I always choose to stay here if I can, but it's very popular and often fills up.

Room Tip: Go for the loft suites on the north side - great views of the city from the balcony, but lovely and...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for the excellent feedback that you left when you reviewed our hotel.

I will certainly share it with our staff.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

With large and comfy rooms, you really will be happy, hygienic and at home.
I could nit-pick about small, inconsequential stuff like water temperature, but that'd be petty and unfair for what has been a great little hotel for my business trips to Melbourne.
Incidentally, my first stay was marred by daily battles to source a taxi, but my most recent week was altogether different with a vacant taxi waiting out the front most mornings.
The toiletries are nice, the beds and pillows comfy and the cleanliness is commendable.
What more could you want?!

Room Tip: Some rooms have baths, some have balconies, so be clear about your preferences. Some also have stree...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank PaulyOnHerOwn

I was delighted to read your review of our hotel.

I will certainly share it with our staff here.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I travel to Melbourne at least three times a year for business and make the occasional trip with the wife for the weekend and have always chosen to stay at the Amora in Richmond. A couple of my work colleagues recommended this hotel to me a few years back and i have to say that each time i stay there the place finds another way to impress me. The service was excellent and the staff at the front desk were a pleasure to deal with. The rooms are nicely presented and the place is very clean without the clinical feeling that some establishments have. Gauranteed great nights sleep. Will continue to book my rooms here every time i travel to Melbourne.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

It was great to read your recent review.

Feedback from our most regular guests is extremely important to us here at Amora Hotel Riverwalk.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I booked a Saturday night to celebrate my husband's birthday, via a special offer which included breakfast and parking. Very helpful, friendly staff at checkin, and a very nice, clean, spacious room with balcony. I have only a couple of criticisms, one of which would cost to fix, the other would just take a little thought on the part of the breakfast chefs. As others have commented, it is almost impossible to set the temperature of the shower. Consequently, as we couldn't get it to any temp other than either red hot or stone cold, we both had a quick splash and jumped out as fast as possible. Not good, Amora! It might be time to spend some money and have mixer taps fitted before someone scalds themselves. The other criticism was with breakfast. The scrambled eggs, while beautifully cooked, were cold. When a second tray was brought out I immediately served myself, only to find that was barely luke-warm. This is an easy thing to remedy, as is the lack of marmalade. Small things, but they add up. All in all, we'd stay here again, but would like to see those two issues fixed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your recent stay with us. We have plumbers here looking into the shower temperature issue. I am confident that this will be resolved in the near future.

We (exec chef, Food & Beverage Manager & Myself) have also reveiwed our scrambled egg procedure. We are confident that this has been resolved.

Again thank you for your valuable feedback.

Tim Bilston

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Richmond Hill Hotel
Melbourne Parkview Hotel
#29 of 160 in Melbourne
Central Business District
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens

Been to Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne? Share your experiences!