“YUMMY FOOD.... GREAT SERVICE”
Review of Niche on Bridge

Niche on Bridge
Ranked #26 of 334 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Modern Australian cuisine - Ground Floor Niche Apartments
Reviewed January 27, 2013

They have the best food ever. We ate breakfast here every morning and loved everything on the menu. In particular the home-made apple and cranberry loaf. It was to die for. The hot chocolate was the best I have ever had and the staff are amazing. Very helpful and remembered each day our drink order. Gotta love that sort of service. It is a rarity. Their sweets looked deliciously tempting but we were too full after the huge breakfast. Definitily on the re-visit menu.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I visited this cafe for breakfast earlier this week and whil there were only 11 people in the cafe when I entered, you would think there were 400. Not one smile, no hello and no service. And they call this the hospitality industry!!

Coffee arrived and was dumped on my table, not a smile, not a word. Despite this, the coffee was good.

I ordered thyme roasted mushrooms and bacon on toast. Disgusting. My breakfast was bought out and I then waited nearly 5 minutes for my cutlery which I was advised "would be right back". By the time I received my cutlery the meal was cold. No butter with the toast so had to ask for that. Thyme mushrooms were champignon mushrooms and not a sign or taste of any thyme. Bacon was fine.

When I left again, not a smile or invitation to return. The poor wait staff had obviously been working since the previous day and were tired and grumpy!!

Never again.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

and each time the food was very average and not worth the bucks. Even when it is well and truly not busy they made an error in my meal, another time found a hair in my dinner. Menu is pricey. Service is ok, but when they are busy, the service is terrible.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Liked the interesting menu - had a lovely vegetable tagine
Good solid dining room -and a nice cabinet of sweets.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

A large group of us had brunch last Sunday and I couldn't fault the retaurant at all. The service was attentive and efficient, the food great and the coffee excellent - an all round good experience