“Good food, few operational issues”
Review of Demitri's Feast

Demitri's Feast
Ranked #54 of 342 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Great Greek fare, could just be run a lot better.

Food always fresh & well presented.

Cash only. Take from that what you please.

Very hard to get a table for four or more. This is due to layout of floor which can't be avoided.

Service can be highly tilted towards regulars. Have purchased coffees here a number of times where their mates have been looked after first. Coffee just the one size in a take away, which annoys.regular barista very good though.

Hipster waiters/waitresses employed, so your satisfaction is based on how they feel on any particular day.

One of the better cafes in Richmond, best on Swan St by miles but could be a lot better. I think the place is so successful that they think they needn't bother with the finer points.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

First visit to Melbourne and I made it my mission to check this place out as their menu was intriguing and I wanted to try the baclava french toast. Demitri's did not disappoint! Their baclava french toast was delicious and their smashed avocado w. bacon, confit cherry tomatoes & poached egg was also tasty. If only they were closer to the city centre, I would have had breakfast here everyday that I was in Melbourne. Staff was friendly and the coffee was good too. Can get packed quite quickly but they have tables at the back too

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Every time I return to Melbourne, breakfast is a must on my list at Demitri's. This place has great coffee, friendly staff and a great twist on there breakfast menu, the semolina pancakes with orange blossom sirup, pistachio's and rose are to die for. Oh I wish they had a place like this in Perth!!

Reviewed April 4, 2012

After reading really great reviews of Demitri's Feast online I expected more. It is a perfectly nice little cafe in Richmond, but not outstanding in any way.

The courtyard was cute. Everything else was just average. Food was OK, not great. Flavours were middle of the road. Service was basic and normal if a little inattentive for a quiet lunch time.

Tip: it’s a CASH ONLY café, no cards of any kind are accepted. A little inconvenient, so go prepared.

Nothing - except long macchiatos (which were spot on) - seemed above average here. I was a little disappointed. I do know my Greek cuisine having visited Greece 3 times and for more than 60 days in total to various regions.

I had the gigantes beans with Greek sausage (loukaniko) and feta. My companion had the spanakopita. It was OK, but frankly, we make it better at home, and we're not of Greek heritage. We asked about the sardine dish and were quite surprised to find they are tinned ones from Spain, not fresh sardines. I thought there would have been more of a proper full kitchen chef arrangement, but it seems like there are shortcuts taken, which is a shame.

I give them praise for offering raw or demerara sugar for hot drinks though, instead of the standard white sugar that is so prolific in cafes. (For the life of me, I don't know why Melbourne's baristas don’t insist on that. They pride themselves on making amazing coffee from the perfectly roasted bean!) So thumbs up for that to Demetri's Feast.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

I frequent this place a lot and I have yet to be disappointed.

From a quick take away wrap for lunch during the work week to a lazy Saturday brunch this place has a small yet simple menu that will please all!

I reccommend the Mezedes plate & a meatball wrap to share amongst friends if you are eating in. Otherwise the Calamari or the chicken skewers are amazing!
If you have eaten in Greece & want to go back for a day I strongly reccommend this restaturant!

Their salads change daily and are always fantastic!

This place is a foodies nirvana!