“Fantastic lunch offering!”

Noir
Ranked #2 of 395 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: French, International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Noir. French inspired, Modern cuisine in an elegant, informal environment. Noir is the first venture for partners Peter Roddy and Ebony Vagg, food and wine lovers as well as hospitality professionals who together with their dedicated team bring a little old world romance to Swan Street. A combination of quality produce and classical technique with a generous spirit and a warm welcome await at this boutique neighbourhood restaurant.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Noir presently offers a stunning three course $40.00 lunch including a glass of wine. This must be one of the best value fine dining experiences available in Melbourne. Do yourself a favour and try it.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (205)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My daughter suggested this place for a celebration meal and she was spot-on. This is a simple, spacious place with first class French food. The menu is limited but supplemented by daily specials. The wine list is excellent and the service professional and polite.
I enjoyed my main course of pig's cheeks very much and everyone else seemed satisfied with their meals. A good spot for celebrations and intimate dinners.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed August 23, 2019

I couldn't fault this place. The service, food and wine were all excellent. We had freshly shucked oysters served with a champagne granita for starters and they were amazing. Also the tortellini which had a beautiful sauce perfect for dipping bread in. The house bread is complimentary and delicious. Mains were steak, frittes, the steak cooked perfectly, lean and just the right amount of seasoning served with a traditional peppercorn sauce. We also had the pan fried rockling with carrots in harissa sauce and this was probably the highlight of the whole meal. Washed down with a a very nice pinot. The service was attentive. We weren't rushed out. All in all a beautiful meal and next time, I'll leave room for dessert. This is one of the best places I've been on Swan street and although a little pricey, quality was worth it and the lunch deal looks like great value. I will definitely be back.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 2, 2019

Very enjoyable French eatery..service good.. menu well thought out ...sat in the window and very cold day and bit of a cold blast...and wobbly cushions falling onto street...left wanting more...

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed July 2, 2019

My husband and I ate here last Saturday. I had the lamb and my husband had duck. It was the best lamb i've ever had. Both dishes were cooked to perfection, juicy and well presented - compliments to the chef! Service was also fantastic. I would highly recommend this plac, we will be back!

Date of visit: June 2019