“Great Little Richmond Restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bouzy Rouge

Bouzy Rouge
Reserve with
Bouzy Rouge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 311 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Spanish, Gastropub
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bouzy Rouge Richmond, Mediterranean inspired cuisine. We have an extensive tapas and main course menu designed to share.Extensive wine list. Express lunch Monday to Saturday from $15 to $20. With a Private function space upstairs and all weather courtyard, we cater for small intimate dinners to large canape functions. Happy Hour 7 days a week 4:30pm to 6:30pm. Come join us for your next lunch or dinner.
Perth, Australia
“Great Little Richmond Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Visiting from Perth we went there for dinner with friends. What a great place, interesting decor, attentive service and an interesting menu. The food was excellent and reasonably priced, especially by Perth standards. When in Melbourne again would visit again.

• Visited February 2014

Australia
“A great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

What a beaut place. Lots of character and decorated in a really interesting way, quite classy. Aside from the terrific decor, the food was fantastico. We had 4 tapas shared between the four of us to start with, and they were wonderful - some on their own were enough for the four of us, a couple we ordered doubles - the mushrooms were fab; the char grilled corn bread was just delicious; the croquetas divine; and the chorizo maybe the weakest dish for me out of them all. We then had the mains of slow cooked lamb (12 hours?) - well it just fell apart and melted in your mouth. We also had the beetroot and pumpkin salad (yummy) but the paella we ordered never arrived. Thank goodness. We were done for and it would have been wasted on us. Service was great (despite not hearing our order of paella) and we had a wonderful evening. Parking wasn't a problem in Bridge Road which was a bonus. Lots of spots, even at 7pm. Cost $100 per couple including wine, so not bad pricing wise.

• Visited February 2014
Sydney
“Great place in Melbourne”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I dont do a lot of restaurant reviews on here, especially in Australia because if I did I would end up reviewing a few a week. So I only do so when a place really deserves a review and this place does. It is probably my favourite restaurant in Melbourne. It is not fine dining, the menu is not the best you will ever see - but the place is relaxed and casual, the servings are generous, the atmosphere is great. I have eaten here very often and never had a bad dish or a bad experience. I am usually eating by myself, travelling on business, and the staff are nice enough to give me a good table and chat and leave me alone in just the right balance - they never rush me and I certainly dont feel uncomfortable sitting there by myself. It is kind of a tapas place but they give a lot of food for a very reasonable price - they also have mains but I usually stick to the tapas and dessert. I strongly recommend.

• Visited January 2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Iberian Delights”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

We had a good meal here i the Iberian themed venue. Food was excellent (wonderful leg of lamb), but I did think it might be better to stick to either Spanish. Catalan or Portuguese. The wine list had a reasonable selection of Iberian wines (good to see Priorat out here!) but to sell young bottles of Quinta do Crasto at the price they were charging was robbery, and will give this excellent wine a bad name.
The French waiter was good fun and knowledgeable.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Wollongong, Australia
“Nice Tapas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Went here for dinner while in Melbourne on business.
Had a variety od tapas dishes which were all very tasty,
Service was good, the only negative was a very tastless sangria.