“Tranquil”

Dining options: Reservations
Mildura
“Tranquil”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Visited for the weekend. There was 6 of us staying overnight and 9 for lunch. The lunch was amazing. Great service. Kevin is a character and an asset to the resort.

Service was quick and we all loved the food. Six of us also had dinner that night and once again we were not dissapointed.

The venue is very accomodating and the views are spectacular.

We stayed overnight in the chalets. Decor needs updating. If you are sleeping on the second level beware, the bed makes the floorbaords creek. There are no TV's in any of the rooms. Perconally, I like to have a TV but I knew before I visited that there wouldn't be any.

• Visited January 2014

Sydney, Australia
“Perfect afternoon in the Pyrenees”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We visited on New Year’s Day (this place is open every day, year round), and were greeted by Linda and Kevin in front of house, whose easy, relaxed charm and light sense of humour made us feel immediately at home.

We were a little early for our lunch reservation, but instead of venturing to the cellar door, we decided to kickback in the inviting bar area with some bubbles in the form of a bottle of the 2000 Bazzani Saluté (my heart was broken later in the afternoon when I discovered that this wine was no longer for sale at the cellar door – I will have to wait until it hits the ‘Museum’ list). We sipped our sparkling wine and chatted with our hosts while gazing out upon the vista of Warrenmang through the mist of the light summer rain that had only just floated in.

On moving in to lunch, Kevin mentioned that they were out of the linguine from their NYE revelries, which was disappointing, as it was the star vegetarian option in the mains. He immediately popped out to the kitchen to see what else was on offer, and we were treated to a very tasty spaetzle with seasonal greens (and maybe a hint of truffle?). This egg noodle dish (not sure if it’s of German or Austrian origin) had the substantial flavours and gravitas to match our bold and full-bodied 2000 Black Puma Shiraz – outstanding! I could’ve sat with my nose in my glass for half the afternoon…were it not for the fact that it was begging me to drink it! Our side dishes for this fine fair were a light salad of rocket, pear, pine nuts and shaved parmesan, and (at Linda’s suggestion) a bowl of chunky beer battered chips tossed in rosemary salt. Now, I’m not usually a fan of chips with my meal, but Linda’s suggestions had been spot on so far, so I was willing to defer to her recommendation on this one. And I am so glad that I did – without exaggeration, these were absolutely the best chips I have EVER eaten (even surpassing the ones from the pub in London in 2000).

A truly delicious lunch combined with excellent wine and attentive, relaxed and friendly service made for a perfect afternoon.

• Visited January 2014
Melbourne
“Evacuation pending bush fires”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Settled in to our rooms, the 7 of us then enjoyed an excellent dinner with fabulous wine and great laughs with the staff. Service was very good and we were having a terrific time until we were advised that there was a bushfire in the area but we were safe and they would keep us informed. It was obvious that the guests were their No. 1 priority and they kept us always in the loop. We would highly recommend a visit to the resort and we are going back soon to finish our weekend that was interrupted by the fires.

Visited January 2014
Amphitheatre, Victoria, Australia
“A pre Xmas treat”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Catherine and i were taken out to dinner and we we wanted to try the restaurant. We had heard good things...that is was fine dining, etc. We were very pleased with the meal and the service. It's the best dinner we have had in a long time. Looking forward to having lunch on the patio with its wonderful views.

• Visited December 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Relaxing”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Nice relaxing week end, service is excellent this resort could benefit with a bit of updating decor is looking a bit tired.
Restaurant is worth a visit with a very nice meal

Visited September 2013