Warrenmang Vineyard & Resort
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot tubgreat winewinery tourtwo nightsrelaxing weekendcellar doorduckboth morningsrest and relaxationfood and winenight packagean entreebeautiful locationprivate decka bit tiredperfect place to relaxget away from it all
Reviewed June 23, 2012

It was our first time at warrenamng Vineyard and Resort we stayed two nights, had an amazing time.

The rooms- Dated, lots of floral and dusty they were very cute rooms but need to be looked after for the price that is being charged. - ive had better at a cheap motel.

The staff- the staff are very helpful kind and full of jokes. great people, i think they made need to train there waiters

The food- we waited a while, but it was worth the wait I had the crab with polenta wow all i can say is great, my husband had the prawn and sweet bread salad and said it was deliciouse, next i had the duck and my husband had the beef cheek both were excuisite very impressive, we then both shared dessert a chocolate slice that is to die for.

over all Warrenamng is a great place to stay it has a few things it needs to shape up on and fast as i mensioned over all we will return.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you very much for your entry with Trip Advisor. Great to hear how much you enjoyed the food and we appreciate the comments re the staff. Our housekeeping continually get 100/100 rating so would you mind letting me know which accommodation you were in and where you found it to be dusty? would really appreciate knowing so that we can follow up and lift our game. We will look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

I love getting away, but have some annoying dietary requirements. I had to go here for a work conference recently and sent through my requirements, that i can't have dairy or red meat. First meal we were provided with comes out, mine was different to everyone elses, a risotto. I took one bite and realised it was cheese laden. I asked the waiter if he was sure it was mine as it tastes cheesey, and he took it away without saying anything then comes back with...a piece of blood soaked steak for me!! I said 'Sorry, I sent through my dietary requirements that stated 'no dairy or red meat' to which he responded 'oh we thought you could have dairy'.....I realise this may seem petty to some, but these dietary requirements are because of a serious health condition. Yes I am not likely to have an anaphalatic reaction, but what if I had've?! They didn't know! The carelessness was unbelievable!! In addition to this, I was offered no apology, treated terribly despite my apologies to them! We also got to our room and found it to be not made up. One of my managers asked for a cocktail before dinner and was asked to wait half an hour as they were a 'bit busy'. .Very, very disappointing experience. I would not recommend to anyone. Very poor hospitality and customer service. Will definitely not be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Hello, it was very distressing to read of your bad experience at Warrenmang recently. I have spoken with my waiting staff and also with the office team member responsible for conveying all of your dietary requirements to the kitchen. The first delivery of the meal including cheese was a genuine error for which we sincerely apologise. We are always so conscious of looking after our guests with dietary requirements, and as a lover of meatless dishes I am always asking our kitchen to ensure they have appropriate dishes for guests with special preferences.
The delivery of the steak was a most unfortunate occurrence; from what I have been told the wine waiter- upon seeing you without a meal in front of you, assumed you had been forgotten and in his attempt to do the right thing and assist the food waiter, delivered a totally inappropriate meal to you. Please accept my personal apology and I am hoping that we will have the opportunity to look after you in our normal professional manner on another occasion in the future.
I have asked my office staff to communicate with the conference organiser and offer her apology also. We did feel extremely bad about you experiencing not one but two mistakes on the part of our restaurant staff. This was a series of misfortunes which you should never have experienced and we regret that you had this negative experience at Warrenmang.
Please do accept this apology, it is offered most sincerely.
with our kindest regards
Athalie and Luigi Bazzani

Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

I booked two nights here for my husbands birthday. I knew the rooms old be somewhat "rustic", and thought that would be ok for a nice, relaxing weekend away. I had also read other reviews that seemed ok. How wrong I was. The room was in extremely poor condition - old, dust and cobwebs on the walls, no tea/coffee facilities in the room, no television, not even a bar fridge! The old ruffled peach linen on the bed, along with the wonky bedside lamps just added to the overall neglected feel of the place. The bed itself was rock hard, squeaky and extremely uncomfortable. I can honestly say that this is one of the worst places I have ever stayed at.

We dined in the restaurant on the Friday night. The food was very nice. The service, although friendly, was in dire need of some training. We waited 10 minutes for some attention fom a waiter, and when my husband went to order a beer from him, he wouldn't take his order but made us wait or a drinks waiter! Really? Just o order one beer? I could understand if we were a table of 15 or required a sommelier, but there was only 2 of us! We also ordered a side of chips after we had eaten our entree, which sent the waitress into an absolute tailspin of confusion. Not surprisingly, we never received them.

After a dreadful night's sleep in the awful room, we checked out early the next day (with no-one querying why we were leaving early or asking how our stay was).

All I can say is never agin, we will not be back and would certainly not recommend this place to any of our friends.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Bunnykins2
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Hello and firstly, sincere apologies for taking so long to reply to your comments on trip advisor. We were all so sorry that you had such an unpleasant stay at Warrenmang. We have only recently discovered that we are able to reply to our guests reviews on Trip Advisor and I would like to tell you personally that we would like to make up for your inexplicably bad experience. I have talked to our staff and the receptionist assured me that she did ask if there was a problem when the gentleman checked out...and she was told that there were issues with the children. Im not sure if this is correct or not, but even if it was, it is a great shame that you did not feel comfortable staying for the second night for which you had paid.
Please accept our invitation to come and stay with us on a future occasion, we would like to show you that Warrenmang is a much loved venue, with many guests returning time and time again.
Please use this email which I hope you will accept in the spirit of goodwill with which it is written, and use it to book a complimentary overnight stay at Warrenmang at some time in the future. Please communicate with me personally, Athalie Bazzani, and I will ensure that your next experience will be so good that the past will be forgotten. We hope we can see you in the not too distant future, and look forward to caring for you in a much better way than we did last time.
Athalie

Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stayed here on a deal purchased through "Spreets" for 2 nights accom and breakfast. At $100 per night this is a really good deal, given you can't stay in a cabin set up in a caravan park for that price nowadays. Yes, rooms are ageing (hence the deals they now are doing thru Spreets type arrangements), but the rooms are clean and rustic. Where they hit you in the hip pocket is the restaurant - food way too expensive for standard of the food - bordering on average pub food. Fancy ingredients such as 24 carat gold leaf on chocolate cake, but presented like gold leaf has just been cut off a roll and slapped on top. My steak on the bone, was cut off the bone in error, but still cooked and served to me on a plate with the bone to side - very unimpressive!!! Expect to pay min. $40 per main and $23 per entree. Beverages are reasonably priced, including their wines which are very good. Breakfast that is included was OK. Moving on, it calls itself a resort with no TV's so "guests" can unwind and relax in the tranquil settings that it is. But, the constant "doof, doof" music emerging from the kitchen was contradictory to this (one day of our stay). Tennis courts are in disrepair (hardcourts) with beer bottles littering the outer areas - a little bit of love in cleaning up this mess every now and then would not go astray. The staff are friendly and helpful. The hot tub at sunset overlooking the vineyard is a fantastic setting. The pool area (although not used during our stay) is small but inviting.
Would I stay again? Yes, on a "spreets" type deal we had.
Would I eat there again at their current prices? No, go to the Avoca Hotel -excellent!!
What could improve the place? A bit of loving from the owners and better quality food if you are charging top dollar. New decor in rooms - bed heads, quilts cover, curtains, information folders would bring them right up!
Setting? GREAT

Room Tip: Vineyard view rooms best, but not worth any major rate premium.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Topbloke68
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Have just returned from a two night stay at Warrenmang. After reading previous reviews I was concerned about the tiredness of the accommodation. After staying there I have to say that, yes, the decor could do with updating, although this in a way adds to the charm of the place. However, the service, food in the restaurants, views and location more than make up for this. The quality of the food in the restaurant was pricey but absolutely first class. Overall we had a lovely stay at Warrenmang and would definitely return. The wines are also very very good.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple