I felt like a guest in a wonderful home, full of history with gracious people all around. I especially remember the kindness of the women in the kitchen who fixed me a special meal because of an allergy. I also remember two fantastic excursions, one around the ranch itself (for horse lovers this would be very special) and one to visit a condor rehabilitation center in the middle of nowhere, where llamas were grazing by the path and where the condors, majestic and intelligent birds, preened for our photos. I think the experience would have been even better had we not been there during a three-day rain which erased the surrounding scenery. I recommend the Hacienda highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only two hours north of Quito, Hacienda Zuleta is a family owned, 2,000 hectares real estate with colonial buildings dating back to 1691. Situated within a tranquil and fertile valley between Cayambe and Ibarra, you will have the impression that you have travelled back in time. The expansive Hacienda Zuleta grounds include a working dairy farm, cheese factory, trout farm, horse stables and an beautiful organic vegetable garden where most of our food comes from. We also manage an Andean Condor Rescue Center and the Hacienda is surrounded by three beautiful Andean communities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly, Priceline, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hacienda Zuleta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Zuleta Hotel Imbabura Province
- Hacienda Zuleta Ecuador/Imbabura