We visited Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands in August. The whole trip was fabulous and we spent the last three days at Hacienda Zuleta. We arrived at night and really couldn't see much outside other than millions of stars. We were greeted by the manager and a big friendly puppy who followed my son around for the next 3 days( Much to his delight and my son is 16 and not delighted by much these days). The Hacienda's living room has a huge fireplace and is really beautiful with iron grill work and beautiful details. I kept expecting Zoro to come out from behind the fireplace. There was cheese (made at Zuleta) crackers olives and other little snacks along with wine fresh juice and water waiting for us when we arrived. (and every afternoon) We arrived late but they told us what the Chef suggested for dinner and if that was all right (same routine for every meal) Every room has a fireplace and our room also had a patio with a little cafe set for eating breakfast or just enjoying the scenery. The morning after we arrived I went outside and was stunned by the scenery. We were at 9,000 feet and everything around the Hacienda was higher,complete with a snow capped volcano. If you love horses then this is the place to go . About 100 fabulous horses and every imaginable kind of ride. They have their own breed"Zulentanos" which is a Quarter horse /Andalusian/ Thoroughbred cross. My son and I did a 8 hour ride ...4 hours to a lake and forest where there was no one but us and the Hacienda staff drove in (4-wheel drive) and set up tents and prepared a hot lunch and then we rode back. We also did a two short easy rides with my husband (who doesn't ride). We were treated as if we were guests in someone's home which in fact you are as the family still lives there on and off. I could go on forever but the food was fabulous, the people lovely , the horses amazing and they even arranged to have a masseuse from the nearest town come to the Hacienda as we were a little sore after riding for so long. I highly recommend the Hacienda if you love being outdoors, peace and quiet (no tv or video games) and if you are a Horse person this is Horse heaven.
Location: Ecuador > Imbabura Province
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 100 Specialty Lodging in Imbabura Province
Price Range: $550 - $761 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Number of rooms: 17
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only two hours north of Quito, Hacienda Zuleta is a family owned, 2,000 hectare real estate with colonial buildings dating back to 1691. Situated within a tranquil and fertile valley between Cayambe and Ibarra, you will have the impression that you have traveled back in time. The expansive Hacienda Zuleta grounds include a working dairy farm, cheese factory, trout farm, horse stables and an beautiful organic vegetable garden where most of our food comes from. We also manage an Andean Condor Rescue Center and the Hacienda is surrounded by three beautiful Andean communities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hacienda Zuleta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Zuleta Hotel Imbabura Province
- Hacienda Zuleta Ecuador/Imbabura