“superb!”

Ranked #5 of 82 Restaurants in Lencois
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have never been to a slow food restaurant but it was definately worth trying this one out!! Unfortunately I was hungry getting to this place .. so it was hard to wait for my main dish (approx. 30 minutes) but it was worth waiting. I had a thai style curry.. and it was sooo good ! so many different flavours and fresh veggies in the food - excellent ! the staff is also really friendly and the place really nice to sit (above all in the little garden).
Best food we had in Lencois, thanks again and see you ;-) !!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Other than the breakfast at Alcino, this is easily the best food in town, and somewhat Brazilian to boot. Beware the time it takes for the prep and service of the food itself, but otherwise you will not be disappointed with the variety and quality. If only there was another resto even half this good in town.. great memories.

1  Thank rjnoth
Reviewed March 14, 2013

While in Lencois we ate at "Slow Food" twice. We enjoyed the first night very much. The food was well presented and tasty. The menu was a welcome change from the routine Bahian food
we had been eating. The outside patio was a pleasant setting for dining. The inside, though pleasantly decorated was very hot.
We returned two days later for our last dinner in Lencois. The patio was not set up but the staff was very eager to arrange tables and make us comfortable. My husband enjoyed his meal, a pasta selection. I ordered curried lamb he had on our first visit, but thought it wasn't quite as good as the first time. Later that night I woke with stomach pains, vomiting and diarrhea which lasted for several days. I attributed this illness to the food as I was very careful about what I ate and drank only bottled water. This incident somewhat spoiled the remainder of my trip as
I continued to not feel well for a long while. Having said this, I realize one can get sick on food anywhere and especially while traveling. This restaurant looked clean, the servers were very pleasant, and the menu was a welcome change. My advise is to always be aware and if something does not taste right stop eating it.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Well, I simply do not know what to make of my visit to the Cozinha Aberta:
- My appetizer (eggplant rolls) was among the best I had ever had, but
- the main dish (sweet-potatoe Gnocchi) was rather sub-par, as the Gnocchi dish was both over-cooked and lacked any specific flavor (as long as you don't consider "greasy" to be a specific flavor).

Still, given the nice ambiente, atmospheric outdoor seating and the friendly staff, I would still consider it to be very good rather than average and - despite the rather ambitious pricing policy - probably return (but refrain from the Gnocchi)...

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Based upon other reviews, our expectations were high. This nice little restaurant surely lived up to them. Food was great!!! Fresh cooked food, lovely service, quiet outside terrace. We expected long waiting time for the slow-cooked dish, but this really wasn't longer then we've waited at other restaurants (20-30 min.). Never had a "roupa vieja" (stew) that tasted this good. The ravioli was also fresh and very tastefull. Surprising food combinations, which I didn't think I would love (I like simple).

I really don't have nothing more to say than already has been said. If you want to eat good, be impressed and have somethig else than feijoada, pizzas or steak, go here! Highly recommended!

Been to Cozinha Aberta? Share your experiences!