“Wonderful Place to Stay!”

Pousada Canto No Bosque
Ranked #1 of 56 Lencois B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed here for a Study Abroad with my school and it was amazing. The people there were very helpful and the food was delious. I also enjoyed the view and would definantly go back here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tyler W
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thank you for your comment about us. We wait for your return to enjoy one of the big national parks in Brazil. Have a lot of beatiful places to you visit here in Chapada Diamantina.

Best regards

There are newer reviews for Pousada Canto No Bosque

Reviewed June 14, 2012

We stayed here during a study abroad trip to Brazil. It was the best hotel we stayed at during our time in Brazil. The staff were so friendly and the rooms were very nice and clean. I would recommend this hotel To anyone visiting this region!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank TexasBrazilian
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thank you so much for the best hotel in Brazil and for the compliment!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Situated on the wonderfull tropical edge of lencois, pousada canto no bosque offers a unique relaxing atmosphere, delicious food and clean rooms to stay for a short or long time in lencois. Special thanks to Emiliano who helped us a lot with the organisation of our trips to some beautifull places in the chapada diamantina, that made our stay becoming an unforgetable trip to brasil

Room Tip: choose a room on the first floor to have a nice view in the tropical forest
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
PousadaCantonoBosque, General Manager at Pousada Canto No Bosque, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2012

David, thank you so much for your comment here and greetings for Cristina!

best regards

Emiliano

Reviewed March 17, 2012

After a week at the Canto, returning to the urban world was painful.
Great place, surrounded with silence and nature, lovely bungalows, delicious breakfast, and awsome owners !
Thanks to Jaziel, Chris and all the staff ! Beleza Pura....

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
PousadaCantonoBosque, Owner at Pousada Canto No Bosque, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Show!!Show!!Don't forget this word too!

Thanks for your words about us, that's a great pleasure to know and receive people like you here, the degustation of a french pate with you and your wife was a really nice moment! But to offer a good wine for a french couple it's a bit difficult for us...

best regards my friend!

Jasiel Longuinho

Reviewed January 27, 2012

I can't say enough good things about this place and its owners. The bungalow I had was in a lovely setting, was spotless, spacious and well-equipped with ceiling fan, air conditioner and well-stocked, reasonably priced frigobar. It's not easy traveling alone in Brazil if you don't speak Portuguese, especially once you are outside the major cities. Though neither of the owners spoke fluent English, they took the time to work things out with me using their limited English (better than my Portuguese), and both my limited German and my even more limited Portuguese. The place I originally booked had an emergency that took their English speaking owner out of town and while I understood the problem, I didn't feel they really tried to keep it from being my problem. Christel really worked with me to make me feel comfortable. They are a little ways from the center of town but they will drive you and pick you up when you want - I was happy walking in the evening - it's a bit of an uphill climb but it's safe and not that far. Many travelers take the 11:30 pm bus back to Salvador when leaving. These guys let me lie down in a vacant room for a couple of hours while waiting to go to the bus station. I'd been up early and hiking in the sun all day and was just exhausted. I felt so well taken care of there - I would definitely stay there if I ever am blessed with the opportunity to visit Lencois again. By the way, if you go there, be sure to take the hike from their property to the local swimming hole known as "the slides" - a really fabulous place!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank janetpackard
PousadaCantonoBosque, Gerente de relações com clientes at Pousada Canto No Bosque, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Hello Janet!!

Fantastic comment about us, amazing description about the surroundings with good tips. We really happy with your satisfaction about our pousada and we`re ready to receive you and your friends at any time.

That´s great pleasure!

Reviewed January 9, 2012

We really enjoyed our 5-night stay at Canto no Bosque! Christel, Jazier and Casper are the best hosts you can imagine.
They will help you with all your needs, eg: organizing trips, guides, telling you lots of details about Chiapada Diamantina, from Capoeira classes to guided tours - just tell them what you are interested in and they will come up with good ideas and make things happen.
The food in the guest-only restaurant is very good, breakfast is great, espcially all the fruit and fruit juices which are not to miss. But also homemade cakes, snacks etc. Eggs are made to your liking.
One morning we went to our car and found it shining and cleaned from the dust of the previous days - such a nice surprise!
We stayed in one of the bungalows which was very nice and clean with a very good mattress and hammocks outside to enjoy.
Last not least we loved the tranquility of the place with no loud music etc., just the typical soothing jungle sounds. Oh, I should not forget to mention the clean refreshing pool! Also do not miss the nature pools 30 mins away on a near path - beautiful and fun!
In town we quite liked the food at Cuzina Aberta, and also Pizza was good up on the main praca (uphill, left) where a number of table stand, overlooking the praca.
Re trips: Pai Inacio is easy and beautiful especially in the evening. We also liked the Marimbus-swamp tour (bring your bathing suit, the water is lovely and clean - you may eat there at the family home of the local people, all very friendly and fun - ideal if you speak Portuguese which we don't...) - re organising any kind of tours, Christel and Jazier are happy to help you with that, or you can use one of the many agencies.
Thanks Christel, Jazier and Casper! We wish you a wonderful 2012!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Uliti

Oh great, what a honor! Jasiel, Chris and Casper enjoyed a lot "the best hosts you can imagine"!

Really thank you about your details about us and the tips about the region can´t be better.

We are here any time you need!

best regards

Reviewed November 3, 2011

The rooms were brand new when I went there, they had some work to be finished but the bedrooms / bungalows are very spacious.
The hotel is in the middle of a little forest hence the name, It's peaceful and perfect for eco travelers.
I saw spiders everyday there though, that freaked me out.
The hotel is not exactly in the city center but the owners or the staff are happy to bring you to town whenever you need.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dianamorais

Hello Diana!

Good observations about us, after one year have sure that we improve the rooms, they are all finished, and our service. We are working on better operational and environmental plans.

Thank you so much!