All reviewsself cateringwonderful viewst georgecaribbean islandsa wonderful staybig balconyfishbelmont estaterental caraccommodationseabaysgrenadianparadisevillagesidespromontory
Reviewed September 5, 2010

This was a wonderful trip. We stayed in one of the Two Bays studios, which overlooks bays It's a really elegant villa and it looks as if no expense has been spared inside and out, so we felt cossetted from the start. We mainly ate in the hotel, which had jolly good food, and a fun atmosphere. The beach under the hotel has clean silver sand and lapping waves with tethered cows behind it!
You will probably need to hire a car, as the place is really away from the crowds, but it's not a large island and you will want to explore it.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2010

We stayed here in April 2007 - during the Cricket World Cup. I have been meaning to write a review for so long, but only just signed up to TripAdvisor. We had an awesome time during our 2 weeks at Cabier Ocean Lodge. We had fabulous meals, enjoyed wonderful hospitality, loved our ocean view room, my husband played cricket with the locals, we snorkelled around the point and saw some very interesting sea-life (incl a barracuda). It was probably our best holiday ever. As other reviewers have said, the location isn't so convenient for touring the island, but if you have a car, it doesn't matter.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2010

Came for one night - stayed a whole week. I had just been sailing with friends and needed a place to stay for one night before my early morning flight back to the States the next morning. I happened to meet the friendly couple who run in out on at one of the island's sites the week before, and grabbed one of their brochures. What a great stroke of luck.

Here's what it is, and below I'll write what it's not. What it is: A charming, welcoming guest house surrounded by stunning beauty on all sides. Ocean views all around, pleasant ocean breezes blowing through the property...even a pet monkey that the innkeepers recently rescued. I literally spent a week here doing very little. Relaxed in hammocks, went for walks, stared at the ocean, chatted with the innkeepers, met some of the other guests, and enjoyed wonderful meals morning, noon and night. The innkeeper is a french chef, so you really can't eat better on the island. My sailing friends and I ate at the exclusive Petit St. Vincent resort for $150/head and what I've had here every night has been every bit as good with better views. Tonight they are even making sushi per my request. ** Note: the chef accommodates special requests for dietary reasons, but generally speaking there is a set menu each evening. Three courses for about $20.

What it's not: fancy, luxurious, stuffy or pretentious. The houses and rooms are charming, but not overdone. My bed was very comfortable and I slept each night to the sound of waves, not an AC humming. There are no TV's in the rooms (thank God), radios or alarm clocks. They're pretty simple, but each has a balcony just over the beach down below. The couple who run it are welcoming and charming, but it's clear it's a small family-run business. The good news there is they're very easy-going and friendly. Each time I asked if I could do something (like take my cocktail glass with me for a walk on the beach, or have lunch in the middle of the afternoon), they answered, 'You can do whatever you want here. Everything is allowed.' I'm leaving in the morning and they still don't know my last name and haven't seen a credit card or passport. Everything you do here is on the honor system, with a settling up before you leave.

I really can't say enough about this place. It was beyond a 'nice vacation', it felt like a retreat where I was really able to relax, unwind, think, reflect and restore my soul a bit. I didn't do any tours, but many other guests did and the innkeepers are more than happy to help organize.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank ABC3702
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Four words to describe this place: remote, rustic, relaxing and romantic.
This place is situated on a penisula and has a spectacular view to either side of the lodge. Each room has a wonderful view of an almost private and pristine beach which is only about 20 steps away. If you are under 50, flexible about conditions, and are in decent health (a few hills and steps to navigate), we fully recommend this place. This is a hidden jewel, so keep it a secret.
The managers (Bruno and Iris) are wonderful hosts and the staff (especially Molly and Cindy) are very nice. Bruno and his staff cook delicious meals and make you feel very welcomed to their dinner tables. An excellent place to stay for those wanting a remote, relaxing, romantic and wonderful vacation.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WESTSIDESTORY2001
Reviewed January 29, 2010

Again, this is an accommodation that has changed management. On staying here, I can only think its changed for the better. They are in the process of refurbishing the Lodge (which means that most of the work has been done and that they are finishing things rather than meaning you being woken at 5am by the sound of a band-saw). They've done a lot of work and it's a great place. The location is amazing and pretty unique on the east coast of Grenada. The food is a set-menu, not always wholly Caribbean, but is fantastically well cooked, well-served, in a location that couldn't be bettered. And they go out of their way to accomodate your taste. At two days notice, Iris sourced the best lobster I've ever had. If you want to experience a different type of laid-back, Grenada, then this is the place. On a practical note, they don't accept credit cards beyond the charge of the room but the ScotiaBank on Grenville has an ATM. A minor point when you are checking out of such a wonderful place. A great place.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple