A bit off the beaten path, Cabier's provides a wonderful alternative to the more developed western side of the island. We split our week on Grenada between Grand Anse Beach and Cabier's and, while there's undoubtably appeal to Grand Anse, the seclusion of Cabier's and the eastern side of the island is precious.
After a beautiful drive across the island (the views of the rainforest are stunning), we wound down a pot-holed road for 10 minutes before arriving at the gorgeous grounds of Cabier's. Two adorable dogs and a donkey made us feel both welcome and aware that we were staying at a different kind of hotel.
The pace here is a little different. You feel like you're at Bruno and Iris's house -- we chattered away with each of them as well as the two other couples couples staying there. There's no menu -- you just tell them you're interested in having dinner on the following day, they pick up ingredients in the morning, and their wonderful staff serves you an amazing 5-star, multi-coursed dinner of Bruno's imagination -- and he's a damn good cook.
Definitely rent a car as Cabier's is a great base for exploring the east side of the island. Grenville and its farmer's market provides a slice of island life that's less impacted by tourism, Belmont Estates and Rivers Antoine are must-sees, and Levera may be the best (and certainly is the most secluded) beach on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our exclusive hideaway is peaceful and quiet, situated on a stunning rocky outcrop between two secluded bays. Our intimate Lodge offers 10 bedrooms including a Vila, Studios, Apartments. Grenada's average daily temperature of 31° C (87°F) combined with a sea breeze is very suitable for spending a relaxed Caribbean holiday. No special vaccinations necessary. Our sandy beach is kept clean and bathing is safe for children with good swimming and offshore reef protecting it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Cabier Ocean Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabier Ocean Hotel Crochu
- Cabier Ocean Lodge Grenada/Crochu