Yes, my room was very basic and rustic, and the bathroom sure saw better days, but the bed was comfortable, the view from the private balcony breathtaking, and the staff from gardener to management as sweet, helpful and fun as can be. Cabier Ocean Lodge has only a few rooms, so you get known to the staff and other guests quickly. The beaches are more or less private - on the left of the peninsular mainly for swimming, on the right for snorkling -, and although they are not the biggest with the whitest sand, they are secluded and great to swim. The inhabitants of the local village, Crochu, who come to swim in the evening or over the weekend, are friendly, polite and pleasant to talk to. - The hotel manager also offers tours over the island for a very reasonable price, which is a great opportunity explore the island. He knows everybody and is well liked and respected, which gives you inside of the islanders' lifes you wouldn't get with big sightseeing groups. It is a bit challenging to drive yourself: The streets are narrow and often very steep, and, of course, they drive on the left! - The hotel manager is also a wicked chef! Dinners are very private, prepared exclusively for the announced number of guests. There is no menue, but one 3 course dinner (and he didn't repeat himself once in a fourtnight!) every night, prepared with locally available foods. And it is delicious!
If you want to get away from it all - noise, traffic, stress, internet, and telephone - this is the place to go to! I do have to point out, though, that I was, indeed, the only guest without cell phone and laptop. Most guests bring these electronics, no one complained about bad cell phone reception, however, the internet, sometimes, had its own working hours :-).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our exclusive hideaway is peaceful and quiet, situated on a stunning rocky outcrop between two secluded bays. Our intimate Lodge offers 10 bedrooms including a Vila, Studios, Apartments. Grenada's average daily temperature of 31° C (87°F) combined with a sea breeze is very suitable for spending a relaxed Caribbean holiday. No special vaccinations necessary. Our sandy beach is kept clean and bathing is safe for children with good swimming and offshore reef protecting it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Hotwire so you can book your Cabier Ocean Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabier Ocean Hotel Crochu
- Cabier Ocean Lodge Grenada/Crochu