We have just returned from two blissful weeks at Cabier, a small hotel on the south-eastern corner of Grenada. We were first-timers to the Caribbean, and we were attracted to Cabier for its out-of-the-way position (the bumpy track - an excellent deterrent to mass tourism) and the lure of the excellent food. Our room was vast with a well-equipped kitchenette, but our star attraction was the shady balcony overlooking a few palm trees and Cabier Beach (lovely sand, safe swimming and good snorkelling). A strong wind blew all day and night, keeping us cool and comfortable - and we have returned relaxed and completely chilled, in a way that most of our holidays fail to manage.
The staff are warm, welcoming, and couldn't have done a better job. Bruno and Iris see to the food and business end of things, and Bruno's cooking is excellent - just pray that he does the chocolate mousse when you're there - with a very varied set menu each evening. Cindy lights up the place with her smile, and Florence, Candell and all the guys who help with the gardens and beach are lovely mines of information on flora, fauna, and local life. The beach is always quiet, but rather nicely contains a mixture of locals and Cabier guests - this place is no hotel compound, but it forms part of the community.
We came home having made new friends, both with fellow guests and with the staff, and can't wait to return. Grenada was fantastic and Cabier was a truly lovely place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our exclusive hideaway is peaceful and quiet, situated on a stunning rocky outcrop between two secluded bays. Our intimate Lodge offers 10 bedrooms including a Vila, Studios, Apartments. Grenada's average daily temperature of 31° C (87°F) combined with a sea breeze is very suitable for spending a relaxed Caribbean holiday. No special vaccinations necessary. Our sandy beach is kept clean and bathing is safe for children with good swimming and offshore reef protecting it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Cabier Ocean Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabier Ocean Hotel Crochu
- Cabier Ocean Lodge Grenada/Crochu