“Missing the Previous Owners :(”
Review of Walkerton Sushi

Walkerton Sushi
Ranked #6 of 31 Restaurants in Walkerton
Good for: Families with children
toronto, ontario
“Missing the Previous Owners :(”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We've been ordering take-out for over a year and have just been told today that our regular order is not allowed for take-out but rather, dine-in only. There is nothing to indicate this on the take-out menu, even though some items specifically state in brackets that they are (dine-in only). We are very disappointed as we have been good, loyal customers who have also highly recommended Walkerton Sushi. I guess customer service is not a priority.

• Visited April 2014
14 Thank JenOntarioGirl

Walkerton, Canada
“Still great.”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Like others I miss the owner Jin as the food was truly amazing but the current owners are continuing to provide very good sushi and a wide variety of items on their menu. The service is excellent and I would still highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank SEG025
Hanover, Canada
“loveee dynamite roll&walkerton special roll.my fav.”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I can remember,the last vist was last spring to this restaurant,after a year i came back from london ,Last week my girlfriend and I went to ,walkerton sushi restaurant,i was suprised,because the man who works at sushi bar was not previous own er Jin, May who is my girl friend told me the ownership has been changed since last Oct. oh that s why,i felt a little bit upset,before when i live in hanover,i went this place almost 3 times a week,I loved the food that jin made, amazing.
if any body knows jin's email,please let me know.May and me really miss jin&ua.
ok,the new owner's food was good,the rolls were huge the dynamite rool and walkerton special roll
were still same taste, my fav.the service was great ,friendly,fast.May loved walkerton special roll too,also her fav.. next month iam going to london again,before leaving ,i hope to seeyou gus again//

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank andrew j
Port Elgin, Canada
“Not the same owners, Not the same”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I used to get Sushi from Walkerton all he time and loved it, it was amazing. Now, I will make a list of all the things I don't like about it. This is not to say that I wont kep going back to see if it gets any better because I love sushi and will take what I can get. I usually only get dynamite rolls because that's what my boyfriend and his mom and cousin and grandma all get so we just order all the same to make it easy.
1. NOT one bite pieces ( this is NOT have you are supposed to eat sushi )
2. NOT real sushi grade salmon ( in the salmon rolls its just flat smoked salmon very fishy)
3. NOT enough sesame seeds to notice taste of texture, pretty pointless
4. irregular cuts, not to mention rolls not tight enough or small enough to eat properly
5. COMPLETELY UNDESIRABLE inside, all falls apart and is just not good

I liked the rice and the avocado. That has nothing to do with this restaurant I just like those foods as they are for their taste and texture. Obviously the Kikkoman soya sauce was fine.

People, please don't take this as a threat it was the first website that popped up that gave me the option to speak of my experience. If you would like to contact me to talk about this rating my email is missmeadow@live.ca.

Also if this is the previous owners, God Bless your souls, you guys were amazing, it was truly an honor to experience your culture and your way of treating your customers, preparing your food and presenting it with the utmost respect and quality. I really miss you guys and sushi will never be the same because I have truly had the best from you. I would ask for you to give the new owners of Walkerton sushi more advice, but it is no longer your burden, you have moved on and this place in no way shape or form is a representative of the high quality services you offered.

• Visited February 2014
11 Thank Michelle M
Walkerton, Canada
“Great food, great service I love walkerton sushi”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Friday evening,I ordered a party try,and it was great. The rolls were fresh.Especially the dynamite
rolls and california rolls were nothing like I have tried before.
Even they changed the owner,but we still love this place.

And I want to say thank you to former owner (Jin & hwa) for opening such a great sushi restaurant
in Walkerton. You guys did a great job to our community.Thank you again.

• Visited January 2014