For $175/night we expected better.
It was a 3 bdrm cottage with kitchen, but I thought it might have been renovated sometime in the last 40 years. Doesn't appear to have been.
Everything is old, worn and tattered.
The curtains were made out of old flannel blankets sewn onto a rod. The mattresses were springy, noisy, sway-backed models from many, many years ago.
Both electrical heaters were broken, though the electric fireplace worked.
The pool was a very pleasant temperature, and fun to play with the kids in.
Location is very good.
Staff are friendly.
But that's about where it ends for the positives.
For not many dollars more, I think you could do a lot better.
I feel at the very least a hotel in this price range could have decent beds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amid the pristine wilderness of Riding Mountain National Park, The Cottages At Clear Lake is a comfortable retreat. We are conveniently located within the historic town of Wasagaming within two blocks of the lake, beach, shops and restaurants. Our cottages feature:• Luxurious new featherbeds, down comforters & quality linens• Fully stocked kitchen with fridge, stove, cookware and dishes• Gas barbecues and access to firepits. We offer weekly and shorter term accommodations for groups of all sizes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your The Cottages at Clear Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cottages At Clear Lake Hotel Wasagaming
- The Cottages At Clear Lake Manitoba/Wasagaming