“Riding Mountain National Park”

Riding Mountain National Park
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Clear Lake is a lovely little resort town with lots of boutique shops, restaurants and of course the lake! We chose not to swim in the lake after learning we could get the parasite for swimmer's itch if we did. The highlight of the trip was a Bison Safari led by one of the park's very knowledgable guides. Although we didn't see any Bison on the car safari we learned a lot about these incredible creatures and we thrilled when later on, on our own we encountered the entire herd!

All reviews
"great place to visit"
"elkhorn resort"
"worth the trip"

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Quaint town, picturesque with beautiful lake, well-maintained docks, rentals of all sorts (bikes, paddleboats, etc), many little shops and restaurants to enjoy. Lots of activities for all ages.

3  Thank TnJAdvents
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband & I just want to say this is a cool little resort town to go to, and spend a day or two, or a wk or two. As a Nat. Park, you do have to pay a fee to enter it. We just got a 24 hr pass as we were travelling.

Lovely beach. Boating. Fishing. Golfing. Campgrounds. Long boardwalk that meanders over a water bog (that was neat). Ladies' shops!! Other gift shops. Interesting free museum. (See the size of a buffalo turd compared to an elk or deer....how strange is that!) Tennis. Ski jets. Bicycle rentals. (We saw some kids bicycling on a side by side 2 seater.) I'm sure there's even more but we were just walking around the town and beach and looking in a few stores.
I believe you can still take a drive around "Clear Lake" and see buffalo (we didn't do this as we had seen the buffalo in Minnedosa the day before). We couldn't get accommodations on the spur of the moment, so we stayed up on the south hill in Onanole at the SMOKEY HOLLOW RESORT MOTEL. I like modern, newish, very clean places so I was nervous, just ask my husband. (It did look rustic.) But the place was very clean, had 2 double beds, kitchenette, little deck out back to sit on. Very clean and the beds were comfortable & new! I just have to put a plug in for them, as I was pleasantly surprised. The inside walls look rustic, that's because they want it to look rustic with smooth wood logs going up half the wall. I would definitely stay there again. And the price was much better than in Wasagaming.
Ate at BARNABY's GRILLE in Onanole, & had a great meal. (It was crowded & we had to wait.)
There is also a cool Book Store near there, a few doors down. It had more than books (coffee & ?) & was worth browsing. Onanole also has one golf course, as well as Wasagaming which I think has at least 2 of them.
Oh......we found a place in Wasagaming that sells ice cream, fast food, and lots of "stuff". Can't remember the name. Had a foot long hot dog there, a good Kodak moment. (What?!! Kodak went out of business? Well then, make it a good Panasonic Lumix moment or whatever.)

Well, I just wanted to put a plug in for Riding Mt. Nat. Park & surrounding area. A great summer place. Great for families!!
Living on Vancouver Island I'm not sure I'd like the Manitoba park in the winter....a tad chilly for me. But their summers are lovely!

1  Thank VanIsleGal
Reviewed September 1, 2013

one of the best place to visit in Manitoba, there is alot of thing to do you can find almost everything such as hiking, biking, camping, etc. with such a very warm community. everything priced reasonable.