Drove for 3ish hours to get to the resort. Its in a federal park so we had to pay for park entry. Not the Elkhorns problem, but it would have been nice if they would have mentioned that at the time of booking. Drive into the parking lot and check in. We got room 115 which faces the stables (extra $10 for a stable view over a parking lot view which they did tell me about at time of booking and I agreed to). Get into the room and the first thing we noticed was the smell. We thought someone had taken a dump in the room. We lived with the smell for the entire time we stayed. We could hear the plumbing from next door too. So I guess the smell from next door was wafting into the room through the toilet. Room was ok. A little dated but a nice new flat screen tv. Fridge included which was unexpected and nice. First night And second day went well overall. The third day ruined it all. all the seasonal staff were leaving so they were running a bit short.
We placed a room service card on the door sun night to have room service delivered between 8-830. We got up at 7:45 to get ready for breakfast and to go on a horseback ride that I had booked as a suprise for my husband. It was our first wedding anniversary and he has wanted to go horseback riding for several months. By 9 breakfast had not arrived. I called the front desk an the transferred me to the mountain grill. The man on the phone told me they did not have an order for our room. I told him I placed the room service card on the door the night before. He said they only has one from room 114. I said can you please check again. He did and found my order. He apologized and offered to send the order down. I said not to worry as we would just come to the restaurant ourselves. Then I phoned elkhorn riding adventures that was located next door. I asked to confirm what time my ride was at. The guy on the phone told me it had been cancelled because of a possibility of rain. WHERE THEY EVEN GOING TO TELL US?? or just let people show up and look like fools? This is what the whole trip was planned around, and they cancelled it on us. And they don't do rides on Sunday. So the plan was we were going to check out and then ride. Nope, cancelled. Two strikes. Disappointed we go to breakfast. Order our meal and wait 25 minutes for food. We're already grumpy. When it comes, my husband has a PIECE OF PAPER melted in his cheese. Not a little piece, but a whole square of paper on a piece of ham. The paper they use to separate the meat when they prep it. Let the manager know and he offers us 10% off. THEY SERVED
HIM PAPER!!!! How insulting.My eggs Benny was pretty gross as well. The buffet the day before was really good. Went to the room to check out. Looks like they billed us wrong, a matter of 5 dollars or so, I couldn't even bother to question it. Go to the spa. Nice, quiet... And now I am going to tell u about my title. There are flies EVERYWHERE! the bar, the restaurant, the rooms and yes, even the spa has flies in it. Pretty relaxing, eh? And not just a little, mass amounts of flies. I had to splash a fly out of their mineral pool. The spa seemed really expensive for the teatments. The staff were pleasant and the mountain grill gave us a free "paperless" lunch for the trouble. And the spa charges an extra 15% gratuity. $300 for us both to get an hour treatment.
We couldn't wait to get out. I think the moral is that the place and area are nice but don't use ANY of their services. Can not be trusted.
The best part is Kim in the bar. She is a diamond in the rough. And her red headed partner (sorry didn't get his name) was also really fun and good to us as well. My husband says he looks like Danny Bonaduce.
Not recommending this place one bit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elkhorn Resort is your destination for relaxation and rejuvenation. Located adjacent to Riding Mountain National Park, the resort is close to the Park's town site of Wasagaming with its shops, restaurants, beach and recreational opportunities. Enjoy all the comforts of home with your family and friends in one of our many styles of guest chalets. Pass the time in our indoor pool and hot tub, sit down for a meal at the Buffalo Bar or 10 Steakhouse, and relax in the Equinox Mineral Pool and Solstice Spa. Play a round at the Clear Lake Golf Course, or explore the park's nearly 400 km of hiking and cross country ski trails. Whether you're looking to commune with nature, or to just get away from it all, Elkhorn Resort is the natural choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Elkhorn Resort Spa & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elkhorn Resort & Conference Centre Hotel Onanole
- Elkhorn Resort And Conference Centre
- Elkhorn Hotel Onanole
- Elkhorn Resort Onanole
- Elkhorn Resort Spa & Conference Centre Manitoba/Wasagaming