“Spectacular view”
Review of The Sonora Room

The Sonora Room
Reserve with OpenTable
The Sonora Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 45 Restaurants in Oliver
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Black Sage Road
Description: The South Okanagan has gained a well deserved reputation as a desirable destination for tourists seeking an agricultural and culinary experience. The Sonora Room at Burrowing Owl Estate Winery features prominently in this regard with its epicurean excellence, superb service, relaxed style and scenic splendour. The restaurant overlooks 146 acres of picturesque vineyard from the patio or inside the warm and inviting dining room. The philosophy of the talented culinary team is to embrace the opportunity to showcase many of the South Okanagan’s local producers. Dishes are created that utilize an array of local organic produce, seasonal fruits and artisan cheeses, and pair perfectly with Burrowing Owl's award winning wines. The exclusive wine list includes a selection of Burrowing Owl's current vintages, and library wines that are no longer publicly available for sale. Creative cuisine, impeccable service and a beautiful venue highlight the great agricultural diversity of the region.
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Closed out our family vacation with dinner and spectacular view on the deck at Burrowing Owl. Food was flavourful, atmosphere comfortable, enjoyable wines and beverages, and service excellent. It was nice to sit back have some good conversation and listen to the grapes ripening.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

The menu is small, but the view is astonishing and the food is first rate. Also, they have their own wines by the glass. I'm waiting for my return trip (third visit) when I'll stay on the resort itself. Can't wait!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Could not wait to see Burrowing Owl, Love the wine in Vancouver so much. Was not disappointed in the showstopping restaurant. Had Garlic and carrot blue cheese soup. And shared the Antipasti Platter, Worth the drive to see the estate, even bought the t-shirt, and oh yes wine.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

If you can get an outside table at sunset at the Sonora Room you will have an experience that you will want to repeat. Outstanding wine, food, ambiance and most of all service. My wife and I spent from 7:30 until 10 pm, on the deck, enjoying everything that the Sonora Room could provide and absolutely everything was perfect! Kudos to the chef and servers!
If weather does not permit outdoor service I might tip my hat to the Old Vines at Quail's Gate but it would be too close to call. The Sonora Room could do something to improve the ambiance of its indoor dining as it seems like a hall - a large room in need of something. The natural setting itself and the architecture of the winery, restaurant and rooms is amazing.
In any case, we will return.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

My niece and her friend from Calgary put this winery at the top of their wine tour list so who am I to argue? [not that I would] The winery setting is spectacular and the restaurant is stellar.
We sat out on veranda as it was a very warm day. Our server, Karen, is very professional and knowledgeable about both the food/wine and the winery itself. My niece and I both had the linguine with clams and mussels which was the special of the day, paired with the Pinot Gris, and her friend had gnocchi with the Syrah. There wasn't a lot of conversation during lunch as we were all too busy eating!! I think we all would have liked to lick the bowl clean. Delicious.
We shared the Crème Brulee and chocolate cake for dessert. Again....just delicious.
This was my third visit to the winery and have never been disappointed even remotely, at this restaurant.
The only thing which would have made the visit even more special would be if we were staying overnight! I'm hoping the next visit we can stay at least one night.