“My favourite winery of the trip!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Silver Sage Winery

Silver Sage Winery
Ranked #1 of 53 things to do in Oliver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My favourite winery of the trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

This last trip out to the Okanagan we got to vist 6 vineyards. Hands down Silver Sage won us over as the favorite of this jaunt.
Not only were the wines delightful (dispite the fact that I have never been an admirer of desert wines, I'm now converted, thanks to some of the offerings of Silver Sage) but the experience of Silver Sage was one of good humor and the most welcoming of the trip.
Yes, I'm sure the same witty tales are recited a hundred times a day by Anna of Silver Sage, but her warmth and lightheartedness paired with a great enthusiasm for the winery, certainly made our day.
We went back 3 times over the period of our short visit. The offerings so delightful, it became a case of not "what should we buy?" but "what should we not buy for fear of appearing gluttonous?!".
Some wineries seemed a little "tourist tired" and weren't so welcoming or enthusiastic, not the case with Silver Sage.
Quite frankly, there are so many award winning wines in this region, it's not hard to find a great wine that appeals to your palate. But I find touring the wineries to be about more than just stocking up the cellar on fine wine, for me it's about the entire experience of visiting the vineyards, meeting the staff, hearing the stories and feeling their passion for what they do and ultimately tasting the fruits of their labor.
Silver Sage certainly didn't disappoint, we'll be back next year!

Olds, Canada
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Love the dessert wines”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Very interesting and fun place. Loved the server, funny stories and knew her wines. Do not enjoy desert wines but these were great. Will be returning to buy more of these. Busy place but not much waiting.

Vancouver, Canada
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Fantastic wine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

The wine here is very different from everywhere else, but I truly enjoyed the unique flavours. On top of that, the woman who does the tastings is hilarious and definitely makes the stop worthwhile.

Visited September 2012
Burnaby, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“my favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is my most favorite winery in the Oliver area. The staff are amazing every time! Super comical and entertaining, and you always feel welcomed. Careful what time of day you go, as this place can get super busy sometimes.

Visited September 2012
Edmonton
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“The best in fruit wines you can get!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I go here every year and buy my wines. I buy one or two of each and take them home. The sunset is fantastic and the merlot this year was wonderful

Visited August 2012