“Initially nervous from the Google Streetview, but plesantly surprised.”
Review of Cactus Tree Inn

Cactus Tree Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Oliver
Vancouver, Canada
“Initially nervous from the Google Streetview, but plesantly surprised.”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I was a little skeptical of this place based on the images that came up on Google Street View. I don't stay in many motels or hotels and wouldn't have picked this one on my own then again I'd have never chosen to visit Oliver if not for my sisters wedding occurring there. I tend to stick to the chains and would have stayed further away if left up to my own devices, just to have the safety of a "name". I arrived late Friday night after my parents had checked me in earlier in the day. Since it was so late the office was not open so I was a bit disappointed to find out that the wifi login information was not in the room itself and that I'd be without internet until the morning. Luckily I could tether that to my phone and was pretty tired so I fell asleep easier then I do in most beds other then my own. The A/C worked well and the wifi was good. I was barely in the room due to the wedding festivities but I have no complaints other then not having the password given to my parents by default at checkin or left awaiting the guest in the room. Given that I now have family in the area, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if the need arises.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed August 4, 2014

It’s not all that pretty or updated, but what it lacks in beauty, it makes up for in service and amenities. The management and staff go out of their way to be friendly and helpful. It has a convenient location and a surprisingly good fitness room. The room was certainly large and clean. We stayed in a kitchenette suite and did not lack for anything, as the room had a stove, fridge, microwave and all necessary plates, utensils and pots & pans. The only things missing were an iron and ironing board, which would have been useful. As other reviewers note, it can get noisy there. We really couldn’t sleep in past 8:00 am due to our fellow guests’ loud conversations that sounded like they were happening right outside our door each morning. Not that we wanted to sleep in much later than that, but we were on holiday.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Nothing exciting looking about this place but it has been kept up to date with our room very clean and basic but functional. Bed was great. They have a surprising amount of fitness equipment which you wouldn't normally expect to see in a roadside motel, but they have this open to the town as well. A small salt water pool is located on the premises. Staff was friendly and polite when we checked in.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Rosedale
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were a little apprehensive because this place was rated as a 2 out of 5 ... when we arrived it was clean, pleasant looking and attention to detail was apparent and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was very friendly as well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CactusTreeInn, Owner at Cactus Tree Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank-you ,we are glad that you enjoyed your Stay here.
Kelowna
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This motel is just okay as very busy with weak floor boards above my room and thin walls so getting up at 6:30 am was not a fave of mine this am due to inconsiderate other guests. The owners are nice from reservation to check in but I did ask for a very quiet room as I worked until 1:30 am last night and came in quiet for respect for others. I had gotten my key earlier in the day. The air conditioner is very loud and when I got into room it was super hot in here as turned off completely so had to run it to get room cold enough to sleep so that made me stay up even later than I wanted. TV is super tiny but room itself was not bad but a tad tight. Even though I got a half decent rate I am not sure if to return cause I did not get much sleep etc.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor and which I did but all rented.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Nolpreen
CactusTreeInn, Owner at Cactus Tree Inn, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for your reviews.we are very sorry that you are disappointed with you stay.it was,busy weekend &wedding party staying that time. next time we will try our best to make enjoyful stay
Reviewed July 3, 2014

A last minute weekend plan. Off to Osoyoos for warm weather & wine. Great location, very clean and very friendly service. Bed very comfortable, the sky light in the room as a lovely bonus even though the sun light came early! Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write a reviwes on our property. Hopefully we will see you again sometime in the future.Thanks
UK
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Excellent helpful service, central location, extremely clean and tidy would certainly recommend staying there. We were passing through and checking out the local wineries, it was very central for this. Gym and pool additional bonus. Thank you, a great stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ridgwayrelax
CactusTreeInn, Owner at Cactus Tree Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank-you,we are glad that you enjoyed your stay here.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oliver
Maple Leaf Motel Inn Towne
Coast Osoyoos Beach Hotel
Mount View Motel
Mount View Motel
#1 of 8 in Oliver

Been to Cactus Tree Inn? Share your experiences!