“Family Vacation”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oliver
Maple Leaf Motel and RV Campground Resort
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Oliver
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The rates aren't bad, but that's because the place is very cheap. Right off the bat our rooms were tiny and outdated. I didn't even know they made toilet paper that was so awful. The shower was leaking some gross brown liquid from the sides of it, and there was 0 pressure. Showers took me twice as long to even get shampoo out of my hair. Not once were our rooms cleaned or anything, no fresh towels and all we got were 2 dinky ones. The management recently changed and it was not the same lady who we booked through. The lady was SO unfriendly and looked downright angry all the time. From the very first phone call I made to find the location to leaving she was rude and never had a smile on her face. We were a very large group (57) but we are very respectful and would never intentionally damage something. One night we lit sparklers and the kids ran around with them (sparklers are pretty harmless), but they lost it and yelled at us saying that the kids could start the propane tank on fire. Seriously? With a sparkler? Just overall the owners were VERY lazy and sat around the entire time (the husband would sometimes be doing stuff). They couldn't be bothered to empty garbages or recycle bins or just do anything. The owners were just VERY unreasonable and I know next time we will take our business elsewhere! Such a shame to go from what sounded like such great owners to people who want to run it to the ground. On the day we left the lady was marching around grumpily and didn't even acknowledge our presence (as she did the entire time we stayed). You'd think people would be happy to get business and still be excited about their new place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank carlybonnett

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We booked a family reunion, back in December with Lori.... Apparently this motel was sold and new owners took it over June 1st.... We had a total of 57 people with our family> We booked through Lori, who sounded fun and excited to have us be there.. however...... I dont think there was any of us who were impressed even a little bit. We stayed for 3 nights. Our rooms were never cleaned, we never had the garbage removed, or had clean towels..... etc..... The new
owners, never even seemed interested in us being there, and i felt i was bothering them when i asked if i could empty the garbage and where i could put it.... The lady said, oh i will go get it, and not in a nice way, it was like i was being a pain.. They never asked if we needed anything, never would said hello if we passed them in walking, (except the husband, maybe a few times) the lady was down right rude, my husband passed her and said hello and nothing.... is this the way people run a resort? Do you not care if people come back..... I get that the Okanagan is a very popular, especially in the summer, but wow!!!!! They were rude to the kids, and said that they were running around unspurvised, There were adults everywhere all the time, supervising kids.. They have a room that is for cooking and also have an old pool table in there and kicked the older kids out, because there was not an adult in there.... what could they have possibly hurt in a room that smelled bad had nothing in it but a ripped pool table and old stove and a couple of old fridges, and also there was no sign stating anything... after the pool was closed at 8 pm. the guy got upset because the kids were playing frisbee and the frisbee went into the pool area...... he warned them if it happened again he would not get it..... The rooms were ok, old, but ok, the bathrooms however were bad, the walls where the bathtub were, were damaged from the tub, the water pressure is horrible and if someone in the next room is showering, welll..... you might as well forget it..... when we were checking out, the lady owner, seemed upset that she had to go around us on the walkway, because we were all hugging and saying good bye. Didn't ask how was your stay, nothing! These new owners need to learn people skills and how to treat people!!!! SAD!!!

Room Tip: I would not recommend anyone stay here, unless the new owners learn how to treat people.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank lindaBc
Rick L, Owner at Maple Leaf Motel and RV Campground Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

To start off with We would like to thank you for your feedback. As you are aware we took over June 1 2013, and its our busiest time of the year. We haven't yet had the opportunity to do the upgrades that we believe are necessary, but its in the works :) We plan to in the fall when it slows down a little and we can re-coup some of our energy. The children were not being supervised much of the time and we mentioned it to the parents, as we would like you all to leave in good health, and with our property still standing. We found on a couple occasion's children from your group in our private living quarters uprooting plants and flowers that take a lot of time and effort to maintain. With the common room it is intended for anyone to use as long as there is ADULT supervision. When I enter the common room there was four children all under the age of 8 playing with the darts, so I proceeded to tell the kids they should have an adult present for their own safety and well being. I'm sure your also aware of the damages a couple rooms caused. We do regret the bumps during your stay - New owners, no staff, many people to please all at once, and aging facilities to maintain. We are the new kids on the block for sure but are striving to keep you comfortable and coming back. Thanks again for your patience, understanding, and honest feedback.
Sincerely Nathan and Sheri Airhart

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I've stayed at the Maple Leaf several times, and so have other family members. It's clean and homey, and very comfortable. The manager, Lori, can't do enough to make me feel at home. Most rooms have kitchen facilities, even full kitchens; some have multiple beds or living rooms. There's an outdoor swimming pool, barbecue area, deck with picnic tables and many other facilities you might not expect in a motel this size. They even rent out full RVs as motel units. In the motel, the walls are thin, but most guests are very quiet so I've never had a problem sleeping in. This is my favourite motel in Oliver, one that I recommend to my friends and family.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oliver
Maple Leaf Motel Inn Towne
Best Western Plus Sunrise Inn
Cactus Tree Inn
Cactus Tree Inn
#3 of 8 in Oliver

Been to Maple Leaf Motel and RV Campground Resort? Share your experiences!