“INCREDIBLY RUDE AND OBNOXIOUS OWNER”

Platinum Bench Winery
Ranked #10 of 53 things to do in Oliver
Oliver, Canada
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“INCREDIBLY RUDE AND OBNOXIOUS OWNER”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I visited this winery, which happens to be situated approximately 5 km from my vineyard on Black Sage Road. There were Four of us and we were quite interested in the Bakery which had been recommended by friends. Upon entering the tasting area, it was obvious that the person (who I assume was the OWNER) was completely unsuited for the hospitality industry. He was unable to serve us and when I (mistakenly) reached for a piece of cut up bread he actually yelled at me "this isn't Costco you know". I was simply flabbergasted as I have NEVER encountered such unbelievably bad behaviour in the hundreds of wineries that I have previously visited. This man needs help with his manners and seriously should consider a career as a lighthouse keeper.
DO NOT GO THERE!!!!

Visited October 2013
4 Thank rahall

Vancouver, Canada
“Great wine, excellent bread and adorable dog”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I checked out the vineyard as I was curious about this new winery. I was not disappointed. I was greeted by the friendliest dog named Wally who led me into the tasting room. The Host/owners were both very informative and engaging. Their wine is excellent and the fact that they have a variety of homemade breads to pair with the wine is ingenious. The whole experience was unique and enjoyable. I would highly recommend Platinum Bench Winery to anyone visiting Oliver.

Visited September 2013
Vancouver, Canada
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Unfortunately disappointed”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Based on all the reviews we thought we would stop at this winery on our most recent visit to Oliver and also thought we would pick up some bread and cheese to have as it was lunch time. We were hoping they might have a spot on the property where we could eat the bread and cheese and drink the wine and it looked like they did. As the reviews said, you are greeted by a lovely smell the only problem was as I went to grab some of the artisan bread at least FIVE FLIES flew out of the bread and then I noticed there were tones more. I can take ANY bug but I can't take FLIES!!! I know the last place they had their feet. It was unfortunately a complete turn off and we promptly left without even trying the wine. Very unfortunate but we can't eat food that is covered in flies.

Visited August 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't pass it by! Small is sometimes better :)”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Wonderful couple who are so happy to have you visit. They run this place and vineyard all by themselves!

No charge at all. You can sample the delicious artisan bread and wine as well as enjoy the scenery on their lovely patio sets they have set up for visitors.

Worth a stop for sure!

Visited August 2013
Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“So good!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

You walk in and are greeted by the smell of the most mouth watering bread perfectly paired with the wine. Lots of personality and well worth the stop, don't leave this one out. We bought three bread and 3 bottles...so good.

Visited July 2013