“Very good experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 53 things to do in Oliver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Visited this winery not knowing what to expect. My wife had read somewhere that is was highly recommended. The moment we arrived we were welcomed by Bruce. He was very professional and knowledgeable, did not feel like he was a slick salesperson with a sales pitch. We are very new to this type of experience but I highly recommend it to anyone looking for some good wine and a good time.

1 Thank Pecia27

Medicine Hat, Canada
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Loved the knew Twist...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

If you are wondering what I mean by my title allow me to explain. This was our first stop at Oliver Twist's, and we were there when a special delicacy was delivered. The owner's of Oliver Twist commissioned a Chocolatier to add some of their wine to a batch of chocolates. We know a little about making chocolates, and adding wine is not as simple as it sounds. That said, the chocolatier got it right. I'd give them a 10 out of 10. Those chocolates are one of the best delicacies out there. Be sure to try one before you leave the winery, we made the mistake of saving them, and enjoyed them after our return home with a glass of wine, which left us craving more. A delicious delight not to be missed.

most if not all wineries have a great gift shop to compliment their tasting room. Again Oliver Twists has something unigue here, in that they have a beautiful display of local pottery. So if you are a pottery fan and enjoy wine, then you must add Oliver Twist's to your "To Do" list while in the area.

The tasting experience was definately right up there. We were impressed with everything we tasted and they have quite a wide variety of varieties. Their blended whites are excellent, as was their Syrah.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Roving_Hatter
Burnaby, Canada
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 264 helpful votes
“A much-enjoyed and appreciated winery visit!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

Our visit to Oliver Twist Estate Winery was during a recent road trip and two-day stay in Osoyoos. This was a very pleasant, productive, and informative visit for me - I got to taste some fine white wines, and spent considerable time talking with the very informative and accommodating 'host' of the tastings.
As we got out of our car in front of the winery, a door opened, and we were welcomed to the facility - a rather nice touch, and it did indeed, make us feel welcomed!! An attractive facility - upon entering, the operational side of the winery to the left (set below, with large windows to view), the tasting 'bar' area to the right, and a selection of lovely ceramic arts & crafts at the back, in a separate room.
When I saw the listing of the wines being offered, I just knew we would be there for a while, and I would not leave empty handed. I really enjoyed the tastings, and the helpful information provided by the 'host' about their wines, and wines in general. I left with three bottles of whites, 'original' blends -- 'oliver's choice', a blended kerner (yum!!), and 'french embrace', a blended chardonnay. They are sure to be enjoyed!!
Much-enjoyed our visit to Oliver Twist - it was definitely one of the highlights of our personal winery tours of the trip!!

Visited May 2012