“Wine Touring”

Quinta Ferreira Estate Winery
Ranked #25 of 54 things to do in Oliver
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was my second time at Quinta Ferreira winery. The first time I visited, I didn't feel very welcomed, so I decided to give it a second go. This time around the experience was the same. The staff were not smiling, they came across quite rudely and were almost snobby. The tastings were extremely small, enough so that you didn't get a full sip. I went to 8 wineries during my trip and can honestly say that the staff and experience as a whole at Quinta Ferreira was disappointing and left a bad taste in my mouth. I will not be visiting this winery again.

1  Thank Stephanie K

Reviewed August 30, 2012

a bit off the beat and track, but well worth the extra 10 minute's drive. Maria and her staff are just great people and their 2010 Merlot is a real treat.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

My parents absolutely loved the wines including the exclusive Rose (only 560 cases). For me, the wines were decent but not out of this world. However, John, the owner was so kind and funny that I will always remember to come back and visit. It is a beautiful winery.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Amazing wines and more amazing service - the atmosphere and welcoming nature that greets and keeps you during your tasting is amazing and keeps you coming back for more!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We went to four wineries one day and Quinta Ferreira was our favourite (and the others were pretty outstanding as well). The tasting room was gorgeous, and the service superb. We received a generous number of wines to taste (double the amount of the rest of the wineries), and all of them were very good. The standouts were: 2008 Merlot, 2009 Mistura Branca, 2009 Rose, 2009 Mistura Tinto, and the Vinho Du Sol 2008. We are generally not fans of 'dessert' wines, but the Vinho Du Sol was lighter in sweetness intensity, so it's a treat. We also tried their new wine, the 2009 Alagria, and enjoyed this one very much. Getting back to the service, I thought it was a brilliant idea for them to offer a 'wine club' program whereby you sign up to receive a case of wine every two months and receive free shipping (I am not sure of the complete details as to the free shipping, as we live in Alberta). But no other winery that we visited had mentioned such a program, so we spent most of our money with Quinta Ferreira (happily ... now we don't have to go hunting for great Canadian wines at the liquor store and not be able to find it). This is the other reason we were happy to take part in their wine club program because we have never seen Quinta Ferreira wines available in the liquor stores in our area, so if you go to the winery and fall in love with their wines, I would highly recommend joining their wine club and taking part in their program. You are guaranteed to be drinking nice wines on a consistent basis.