“Fun and full of character!”

Rustico Farm & Cellars
Ranked #9 of 54 things to do in Oliver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed April 25, 2014

From the moment we parked up, I realised this winery was like no others we had visited that day. The interior and exterior had a distinctive charm about it, it was fun, full of character and had a welcoming vibe. The same applies to Bruce, the Wine warrior, who introduced the tasteful wines with tales, knowledge and humour. This was by far my favourite winery and I highly recommend visiting if you want to incorporate some fun into your tasting!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

my husband and I have been visiting the Osoyoos area twice a year for a mini-holiday since 2008. On our first trip, we drove past a few signs for Rustico and didn't bother stopping, as we hadn't ever heard of it and they were promoting their Zinfandel - which is not a particularly successful grape varietal in Canadian climates. However, one day during our touring, we decided to try it out. Bruce (the owner) and his staff were so welcoming, fun and passionate about what they did that we had an amazing time.... so much so that we would have said the same even if the wine turned out to be awful - BUT IT DIDN'T!! The wine is great; the prices are very reasonable and the overall experience is alwayss phenomenal. Ever since that first visit (including since the birth of our son in 2010), we have made a point of visiting Rustico every time we are in the region. We buy an inexpensive picnic lunch to bring and eat on the terrace that overlooks the vineyard and lake below and enjoy a lovely bottle of wine while we soak up the warm air, beautiful surroundings and amazing views. I highly recommend Rustico for both wine lovers looking for something new and unique and for families with parents who are looking to do some tasting while the kids are in tow without being made to feel guilty or unwelcome. Rest assured that there is plenty to keep the little ones amused while mom and dad sample some great wines and the staff always go out of their way to make the kids fees special :) Thanks Rustico - We look forward to seeing you again this May!!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We were directed to this Winery by Gina at Oliver Twist Winery in Oliver. She had never been but had heard good things about Rustico! We arrived at Rustico shortly after and were pleasantly surprised. Although rustic in looks it certainly was not lacking in ambience and hospitality. Bruce was a blast, we enjoyed excellent wine and had an excellent non-wine experience as well. I would highly recommend to anyone whom finds themselves close to road 16 in Oliver to visit Rustic-o you will not be disappointed. In fact, we will be returning again in the summer with our Norwegian relatives as this is an experience not to be missed!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Really enjoyed our visit to the winery and the wine! Word of caution, if you order wine to be delivered, make sure you discuss and set the delivery cost. I received a separate Fed Ex charge of $95.00 for one case of wine and am still not sure why! Another winery has a cost of about $25.00 for delivery

Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is a must see destination whether you like wine or not. Trust me... have you ever been to Disneyland, Frontier Land? Or grew up watching western movies....this is such a unique way to taste wine and enjoy the surroundings. I guarantee that you have never tried wine in this environment and you wont want to miss out! The Owner brings humor and knowledge to the wine tasting experience. There is an art gallery and canteen with gorgeous views and rustic farm house. Trust me you don't want to miss this place.

Thanks for the wonderful experience - Jackie (Hockey Mum) I will be coming back with a bus load of Hockey Mum's, I cannot wait for them to meet you!

1  Thank Kevin B