“You cannot beat from Miradoro”

Miradoro Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 45 Restaurants in Oliver
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This restaurant has the best view in the Okanagan. I have had two lunches here and enjoyed their pizza plus a delicious Foccacia bread sandwich made with local ingredients. The second time I was there I was with a group of 8 former nursing classmates and our meals came piping hot and all together.

TinhornCreek, Manager at Miradoro Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Thank you for sharing with us your great experience at Miradoro. We're so happy you enjoyed both of your visits and we'll look forward to having you join us again.

There are newer reviews for Miradoro Restaurant

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Last week we joined family members at Miradoro for a communal dinner. The dinner had a Portuguese theme which thrilled us as we have Portuguese friends who are wonderful cooks. The dinner was three courses made up of : cod cakes on greens as the appy which were nicely spiced, bar b que suckling pig with new potatoes and wonderfully done kale ( all of which were well spiced) and custard like Portuguese dessert with Carmel sauce. The dinner measured up very well to our Portuguese friends so that is a great compliment. I must also say the communal table was great as we met some very interesting people for Summerland and Alberta so the conversation really flowed. The price was also right at $30:00 per person for the fixed menu. However, you will have to hurry if you wish to enjoy this exceptional price as I believe the last dinner is coming up. As a side The view is Great too!

TinhornCreek, Manager at Miradoro Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

What a fun evening to share and experience with your friends. Our Communal Table dinners are great for meeting new friends and enjoying an "Al a famiglia" style dinner with a different Mediterranean inspired menu each week.
We look forward to having you join us again.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Last week was my husband’s birthday and I, along with a friend of ours, went to Tinhorn Creek to celebrate. They are now open for dinners and should be considered when wanting to dine out.

You guessed it….three people and three different orders taken. Our friend ordered the Winter green salad consisting of Alpindon cheese, apple, creamy anchovy dressing and fried olive bread crumbs.

Don ordered the honey grilled Quail.This was with hazelnuts, proscuitto and cabbage cappuccio. He had never had this before but quite enjoyed it.

I, being the brave one of the group ordered the We Wai Kai scallops and cauliflower. This had shallots, caper raisin sauce (not at all sweet) and sunflower seeds. Delicious.

Now for the entree portion of our dinner. Our friend ordered the West Coast Seafood Garganellii Arrabiatta in tomato pomodoro sauce with pepperoncini oil, bread crumbs and parsley. Really liked this but it was a huge portion. More than she could eat.

Don ordered the Sloping Hill pork chop with popcorn polenta, carrots, brown butter and quince vinegar. Sorry Chef, he all but licked the plate.

I ordered the Beets and Farro. This was really awesome…Covert Farm Beets, farro risotto, house made yogurt and sprouted grains. This, my friends, was superb.

My friend and I enjoyed wine with our meal. The one nice thing about Tin Horn Creek is, for being a winery restaurant, they had non-alcoholic beer for my husband, designated driver for the evening.

Now, came the surprise of the evening. Our server brought out an artisanal cheese plate with stone fruit compote and red fife crackers. On the corner of the plate was a lit candle and she sang “Happy Birthday” to him. What a delight!

I ordered the chocolate bundino which was accompanied by the most delectable sponge toffee, blackberry seeds, dulce de leche cream. OMG! This was heaven in a glass bowl. Coffee finished of the evening for the three of us.

Sometimes the cost of dining out can be scary BUT here, at Tinhorn Creek, they have a 3 course dinner for almost nothing, a large tasting menu with wine pairings or just off the menu.

They should be supported. It costs money for Chefs, servers, lights, and heating (when necessary) and when only a handful of patrons are sitting down for dinner, it is shameful. We would not want to see this restaurant or any of the other fabulous establishments in our valley close.

TinhornCreek, Manager at Miradoro Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Thank you for the exceptional review. We truly appreciate all feed back and are delighted you and your guests had such a wonderful birthday celebration. We will look forward to having you join us again.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I really like this restaurant and I buy a lot of Tinhorn Creek wine but there are times when there is nothing on the menu that I want to eat. Pizza, only as a fallback, I did have the Winter Salad and it was amazing! However, there was nothing else there that I wanted, there is no 'go to' 'manly' dish that is simple comfort food. Much like Terrafina the direction should be more of a bistro style of cooking. Local, fresh ingredients kept simple. If I see another meatball or duck confit I'll scream! How about a steak with frites and a peppercorn sauce. Give us what we want. Great staff, service and location, now a tweak to the food and I'm sold.

1  Thank travelbumVancouver

Thank you for your comments. We greatly appreciate and consider all feedback. Chef creates a mediterranean inspired menu with diverse choices using fresh, local ingredients. We're happy you enjoyed our Winter Salad and Pizza and will look forward to having you join us again with the opportunity of enjoying the release of our new spring/summer menu.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

The one think that is so wonderful here is the view. Wow, you cansee all the way to Osoyoos in the South. They also have good food.

TinhornCreek, Manager at Miradoro Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Yes, the view is quite spectacular. Thank you for joining us and we look forward to having you visit us again.