“Lovely food and lovely service”
Review of Thai Elephant - CLOSED

Thai Elephant
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neath, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and lovely service”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Me and my aunt met for Christmas meet up when she recommended the Thai elephant. We booked for twelve and when we arrived we were served by a lovely lady. The decoration is beautiful and the tables are wonderful. We ordered from the lunch special and the food was amazing. Full of flavour and not greasy. The duck was succulent. We had wine and it was truly a lovely place to eat. Will be going back.

1 Thank Sarah_334

Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Great service and authentic food”
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

We have just eaten here for the first time and will definitely be returning! The service was fantastic, the food was authentic and definitely ranks amongst the best Thai food we have ever had. The manager was keen to seek our opinions on the food and even gave us some tips to cook Thai at home. We are already looking forward to returning and I have the feeling we will be given the same warm welcome.

1 Thank ELK19772012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Arguably the best Thai food in the world?”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have eaten Thai food all over the world. Often outside Thailand, I have found that there was a better quality overall dining experience; however, the Thai people and their inimitable charm is unique and so it is surprising, yes, even to me, that I am going to have to say that the restaurant my father and I had Thai food at the other night was very probably the venue of exactly what the rather ambivalent title of my review implies....

The Elephant in Cowbridge struck me as an unlikely place to find such excellent cuisine, but when I ducked my over six foot frame inside the doorway to make my reservation for my father and me to eat there last Saturday night, the charm of the young lady and the young gentleman (he is actually from the Philippines) immediately softened my heart towards this establishment. The unpretentiousness of their website should have given me confidence that this was going to be good, but instead it only intrigued me somewhat. The fact that they had only "very good" and "excellent" ratings was very impressive too, so I did have had an inkling that we were going to be in for a treat.

From the delicious satays, rubbed with just the right amount of peanut sauce to the two curries we had, mine with chicken and my father's with giant shrimp, to even the carefully poured ginger ales from the smallest bottle I have seen served that was not on a plane (125 ml.... ~ 4 liquid ounces?), everything was just perfect. We were surrounded by the carefully selected decor. suited directly to the whimsical nooks and angles of what must be something like a 16th century carriage house.

The main course defied description, really. The quality of the sauce - the ingredients of which one simply did not wonder about because of how delicious it was - was unsurpassed in restaurants where I have paid three and four times what we paid for main courses in Thai restaurants before I ventured into the Elephant in Cowbridge, Wales!

Even though we may have had just a couple of things off the menu, those few items we had did this establishment very good justice and we are confident that anything you have here will be excellent and merit the grading I am giving it.

I would go so far as to say anyone staying in Cardiff would be very happy to set their GPS to 1, Town Hall Square here in this charming little town. It's about twenty minutes West of Cardiff. In fact I challenge anyone to tell me anything bad about it....

Five solid stars very well deserved!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Swissfellow
Cowbridge
“It was our first evening visit to this, our 'local' Thai restaurant and we were not dissapointed.”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

A warm, personable welcome followed by excellent food and service. Who could ask for more? We will certainly be back. The lunch specials are believed to be good, too.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank bakerlite
Derby, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Service & Delicious Food”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We have entertained clients at the Thia Elephant several times and have always been very pleased with the both the service and the delicious menu. The staff are excellent and welcoming!

• Visited November 2012