“Great food, good deals”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Went here for lunch, food fab, good efficient, friendly service. Good lunch time deals. Lovely atmosphere.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

To do

The Loch Fyne restaurants have a reputation of serving the best seafood and the one at Cowbridge, Vale of Glamorgan certainly didn't disappoint us. We opted for a main course and a dessert. Although the mussels looked fabulous. We didn't try the wine , but there was plenty of choice on the wine list. We shared an array of oysters, crevettes, prawns, scallops, cockles, mussels and lobster with double cooked chips. The seabass was cooked beautifully and a large portion. Even the steak available was perfectly cooked. All the dishes were all beautifully presented. The service was excellent and the restaurant is a good looking place to eat, with two different levels. We all tried a different dessert and there was nothing left over. I sampled the sticky toffee pudding with caramel sauce, fantastic! This is the second time I have eaten here, I thoroughly recommend a visit. There is plentiful car parking space and is easy to reach from Cardiff.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I came here with my family for a special occasion and was expecting something out of this world. As other customers have mentioned in reviews I also found the portions to be on the small side and there were some children in our party and I dont think they were very keen on the kids choices. The service was indeed very good and the staff friendly and chatty but on the whole the place felt a bit chilly and not very warm and welcoming - I know its a seafood restaurant but sometimes even I found the fishy smell quite overpowering and if you take someone there who isnt a real fish fan they may find it very off-putting.
Dunno, I do like the food on the whole but the atmosphere here is just lacking something and the prices are quite steep so not sure I would go out of my way to visit again.

1  Thank SHAZZAMKABOOM
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Another really nice meal from the Loch Fyne. I am a big fan of the chain as they always serve really nice food - in particular the 'fish your way' options of cooking your fish... steamed, fried, grilled etc. My wife and I visited the Cowbridge restaurant again for lunch and the food and services was, as always, very good.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The missus and I had a lovely meal there on a Saturday night. It was fairly quiet in the restaurant so service was quick and attentive.
Starters of oysters and garlic & chilli king prawns really hit the spot. The lobster spaghetti was fabulous. The only let down was the seafood grill which was merely average which was a shame given that we came here for the 'seafood'. I've seen bigger mussels in Cardiff market!
Pricey, but overall would definitely go again.