“It may be a chain restaurant but don't let that put you off”
Review of Loch Fyne - Cowbridge - CLOSED

Loch Fyne - Cowbridge
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Company has re-branded to "The Bryn Owain" http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g635697-d6155783-Reviews-The_Bryn_Owain-Cowbridge_Vale_of_Glamorgan_Southern_Wales_Wales.html
Reviewed March 8, 2013

There are Loch Fyne restaurants all over Britain. I can only comment on the one I know, which is a roadhouse restaurant on the A48 near Cowbridge. It is in a classy area, and it shows. The staff are above average, and the menu, which changes regularly, is always interesting.
I ate there yesterday evening and could honestly have chosen 20 things off the menu to eat, which for me is very unusual.
Fish is the main focus of course but vegetarians and meat eaters are well catered for, so there is no need to discount it if your friends or partner are not fish lovers.
The wine list is reasonable, if a bit pricey, and the fish is always top notch.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

An on the spur of the moment visit to Loch Fyne in Cowbridge late on a Thursday evening was so rewarding.
They were very welcoming and attentive and the fish was beautiful.
Heaven on a platter!!!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We initially intended to eat in Cowbridge town itself, but after three trips each way up and down the high street, trying all the car parks and still not finding a place to park we gave up and headed to Loch Fyne which is around a half mile out of town. This proved to be a good move, easy to park and a nice restaurant.

I was pleasantly surprised at the good value offered by the 2 or 3 course prix-fixe menu although ths was slightly offset by the drinks being a little more expensive than usual. As a party of 8 we tried a selection of meals all of which were well cooked and presented.

Although the service wasn't the best I've seen, it certainly wasn't as bad as some reviewers have experienced, and at least was friendly and polite.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Went for food here Monday night (25/2/2013) the food was fab, the young chef and older chef cooked us some lovely grub, good for the price we paid although the manager I presume was lazy and slow to tend to our needs, if it wasn't for the food that day our visit would've been ruined, even so we are unsure whether to return or not with the lack of enthusiasm shown from the waiter/or manager that evening, but lovely fish and chips

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Charcuterie platter was very uninteresting and drzzled in honey so it was very hard to taste the cured meats and my main meal did not improve the experience. I chose the mussels however when the waitress served them I received a bowl of mainly unopened mussels.