“Mmmmm...open fireplace!”

The Carne Arms
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Cowbridge
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Carne Arms Llysworney is another pub serving great food, with great atmosphere from Newmill Ventures Ltd. We also have the Star Inn Treoes and THe Ivor Arms in Brynsadler, each serving great pub food with high standards. We look forward to giving you a warm welcome at all of our pubs.
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have eaten here twice in recent months, as part of a group of friends and also as half of a couple. Both occasions I was taken with the "olde worlde" ...unpretentious charm of the place, real fire in the hearth, and a miss match of real wood tables and chairs, altogether a relaxing place to dine.
The barman/landlord? is friendly and quite knowledgeable regarding guest ales and ciders, and also happy to discuss/explain the menu, service has on both occasions been excellent.
The menu includes locally sourced ingredients, and is interesting and unusual for 'pub food'.
Presentation and quality of the dishes is excellent, an all round superior eating experience....and good value for money, we will return....soon!

3  Thank Sasa J
There are newer reviews for The Carne Arms

Reviewed February 22, 2013

nearly drove past this pub as from the outside building looked asif it had been closed down.
Sunday lunch was ok nothing bad to say about it very mediocre.
but couldn't complain for the price.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

From the outside I would not have gone to this place , but my partner has eaten here a few times and assured me the inside was lovely , and she was right !
The staff were very friendly and helpful , the food was cooked to perfection ! We can Reccomend the duck and the lamb , the best food we have eaten out this year , and the presentation was first class .
It's a shame the outside of the pub looks run down , but do not let this put you off . We will certainly be back soon .

1  Thank Huw G
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Great two course for 12.95. Great pint of Heineken or 3 course for 15.95.

Great polite staff, sufficient portions

Very enjoyable and will be back.

1  Thank morgannwg64
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have visited this pub/restaurant several times in the last few months as our daughter has bought a house in the village.

We had lunch there today (5 Nov 2012). I went for the set lunch (£9.95 for two courses). Mussels were very nice with a lovely garlic based sauce. My main was a roast beef dinner with roast potatoes, mashed swede, parsnips, carrots and red cabbage. All well seasoned and very enjoyable.

My wife described her tomato soup as very tasty. Her fish and chips was ranked as 'good'. My grand-daughter (9) had the belly pork as a main and ate the lot.

I need to eat gluten-free (for medical reasons) and this was allowed for with a minimum of fuss.

Waitress was very helpful and the kitchen dealt with some special requests without fuss.

It was quiet when we visited. Its well worth a visit.

Bernard