“It doesn't get any better than this.”
Review of The Market Place

The Market Place
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Cowbridge
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant is set in one of the most historic buildings in the beautiful town of Cowbridge, and exudes a timeless atmosphere. In winter we continue the old traditions with our warming log fires, and summer brings outdoor dining in our lovely walled garden. We offer a wide variety of freshly prepared modern European dishes, locally sourced and carefully arranged by classically trained chefs. We offer a fixed price lunch menu, £16.95 For two courses, and an "Early Supper" menu served from 18:00 - 18:55 Wed. - Fri. Which at £17.95 offers a great value way to sample our fantastic food or if you prefer we also have our fantastic Ala Carte menu .The Market Place has become a bye-word for the best in food, dining and ambience.
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We recently went to the Market Place on one of their Fine dining and wine evenings, it was, without doubt, one of the best evenings we have had out in years. We have often gone here either a a couple or with friends as the food, service and atmosphere are something to rave about. Somehow, on the fine dining evening they managed to take it to another level! A fixed menu that had courses with scallops, Lamb and monk fish, just cooked so well. I do eat in Michelin stared restaurants and can genuinely say the standard was that good. The sorbets between courses were not just some fruity flavored bits of ice. the vodka sorbet was to die for.
There was none of this tiny drop of wine evaporating away in the bottom of the glass. You had a full glass of wine, which would actually be topped up. On top of all of this my wife is lactose
intolerant, but still had the same as the rest of us with a slightly adapted source or foam. The staff here also deserve a special mention, very friendly and attentive, nothing is to much trouble. So thanks Hugo, Luke and Rhys you all helped make it a special night. If you want a great night out go here for a meal. If you want a really special night out, try and get to the next Fine dining and wine evening.

1  Thank mcguirethem

Reviewed January 30, 2013

A large group of us booked in before Xmas, atmosphere was great staff could not do enought to please you. The meal was excellent could not fault anything. Will definately be going back again.

1  Thank WelshTrippers
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Went for Sunday dinner today at The Market Place, we booked a table and althought we were a little late there was no problem. The staff were all genuinly very friendly. The atmosphere was great and there was even a real log fire going that made it cosy on a very cold wet January day. Now for the best bit...the food was outstanding! I had the lamb roast with chocolate brownies for dessert. I have never had such a good quality very well cooked Sunday dinner (don't tell my mother I said that!). Perfect portions, meat cooked to perfection, accompanying veg really tasty and the attention to detail was great. I could not rate it higher. Was a little pricey but so so worth it and it is Cowbridge after all. If you want the best Sunday dinner you have to eat here!

1  Thank Sian H
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We had a group and everyone had a very good meal. Beginning, middle and end. Great service. It was not cheap, but well worth the cost.

1  Thank Dave B
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I came here with my husband and another couple for my birthday and I have to say the food was superb!!
My friend was pregnant and my husband is allergic to mushrooms and they were very accomodating with the food! I can't wait to come here again as we were very impressed and enjoyed it thoroughly!
It was quite quiet when we came but that didnt spoil the atmosphere, in fact it was very nice. The only bad thing was the waiter was slightly patronising towards us but he was friendly enough so was forgiven..in fact we had a laugh about it!

2  Thank Soogleloo